Physician Billing Coding Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Physician Billing & Coding Specialist Department:
Office Of Chief Compliance BSS - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID
* Job Title:
Compliance Program Specialist
* Position Summary:
* Professional Compliance Auditor and educator expected to adhere to coding practice guidelines in accordance to the Standards of Ethical coding set forth by the American Health Information Management \(AHIMA\), attachment for production of quality healthcare data\. Professional Compliance Auditor and educator expected to perform all coding and education function proficiently, accurately and completely to facilitate the billing process and identify areas for compliance education\.*
* Key Responsibilities include:
* Oversee compliance auditing and monitoring program Initiates and performs periodic reviews of the billing/coding process Provide coding expertise to physicians for all compliance issues\. Meet with Executive, Chairs and Directors to communicate and discuss compliance program and audit findings\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience\. Minimum of three years of proven work experience as a coder and in delivering training to physicians\. One or more or the following coding certifications:
Certified Professional Coder \(CPC\), Certified Coding Specialist \(CCS\)\. Preferred Education:
ICD\-10 Certified\. Registered Health Information Technician \(RHIT\) Relocation assistance may apply for this opportunity\. \(Only include if applicable\) _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .