Physician - Primary Care - Internal Float - Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPhysician - Primary Care - Internal Float - Full Time
Job Id: 44868
At Concentra\'s Community-Based Outpatient Clinic, you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
Diagnoses and treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems and preventive treatment of primary care need of patients through routine physical examination and testing.
This role will act as an Internal Float, providing coverage in multiple clinic locations.
As a Physician you will:
* Evaluate and treat Center patients in accordance with the Concentra medical model
* Establish and monitor appropriate levels of care for center patients
* Complete all medical record documentation prior to the end of your shift
* Work with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, in accordance with the Physician Association and Concentra
* Recommend potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center
* Meet with Concentra s Medical Director or designate to discuss the quality of patient care, policies, procedures, outcomes, reports, and records
* Examines patient for symptoms of organic or congenital disorders and determines nature and extent of injury or disorder, performs comprehensive physical examination, referring to diagnostic images and tests, and using medical instruments and equipment and documents all medical information into the patient s electronics medical record utilizing the VA s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system. Maintains confidentiality of patients and employee s data and information.
* Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, laboratory tests, suturing, and wound care. Etc. and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides follow up care.
* Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity program as indicated by diagnosis.
* Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
* Counsels patients on the use of prescription medications, educates patients, assesses mental health issues, and provides routine health maintenance.
* Develops and implements patient management plans, and assists in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module).
* Evaluates patients records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care.
* Inspects and makes recommendations regarding infections control and elimination of health and safety hazards.
* Supervises and evaluates Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants working in collaborative practice.
* Responsible for Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement and Environment of Care. Conducts monthly clinic staff meetings and submits minutes that in cooperation with the Clinic Administrator
* Completes any and all clinical reminders due at the time of each patient visit.
Work Environment And Conditions:
* Clinic environment
* Minimal travel
* Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
* Board certified in family practice or internal medicine
* 1 year of clinical medical practice
* Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment
* Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Must be Renewed Annually)
* Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
* Medical Malpractice Coverage
* CME Allowance/Time
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off/Holidays
* Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran