Physicist Magnetic Field Measurement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Brookhaven National Laboratory
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
The successful candidate will supervise and perform magnetic field measurements of superconducting, resistive, and permanent magnets for high energy accelerators and other devices. Tasks include development of test procedures, data analysis, calibration and error analysis of field measurement systems, calculation of field distortions resulting from magnet construction errors and preparation of written and oral reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ph.D. in physics or related field
* Five years experience in magnetic field measurements of superconducting, resistive, and permanent magnets for high energy accelerators and other devices or in working with nuclear/particle accelerators,
* Good knowledge of numerical methods
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Labview, other programming languages
* Superconducting devices and related instrumentation
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
* Medical Plans
* Dental Plans
* Life Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Pension Plan
* On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor