Physicist/Sr. Physicist 9/10/2016
Brookhaven National Laboratory
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Physics Department at BNL is seeking an experienced theoretical physicist with a well-established research record to play a leading role in the Laboratory s Nuclear Theory research program in Quantum Chromodynamics, associated with RHIC and future possibilities at an EIC. The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate grade level dependent upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills he or she brings to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ph.D. in Theoretical Nuclear or Particle Physics
* At least 10 years of experience working in the field of theoretical nuclear or particle physics with significant research accomplishments
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Experience working on the motivation of experimental programs, and the analysis and interpretation of experimental data at high energy colliders
Procedure to apply:
* Please submit your curriculum vitae through BNL Careers
* E-mail it to Dorothy Davis at email@example.com in PDF format
* In your CV please include the names of 3 or more potential referees
Please note: NO LETTERS of recommendation are required at this stage of the application process.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications by November 1st. However applications will continue be considered until the position is filled
Other Information: (Security Clearance, drivers license, use of private car, location, travel requirements)
* Requires travel, including foreign travel.
Environmental, Health, and Safety Considerations:
Note: ES&H requirements that need to be considered when evaluating all candidates (i.e. lifting of 30 pounds; the ability to run a mile; successfully pass a stress test, climb a ladder or more, etc. (Only essential functions). At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
* Medical Plans
* Dental Plans
* Life Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Retirement Plan
* On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor