Pipeline Tech A 8/27/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions:
- Inspect, maintain and repair as needed all facilities as assigned, including but not limited to pipelines, compression, and measurement facilities.
- Knowledge and experience with line location equipment and techniques.
- Obtain OQ qualifications to mark underground facilities and process one call tickets in adherence to state laws, and company procedures.
- Obtain other OQ tasks as needed.
- Perform operation and maintenance activities on field compressor stations and natural gas pipelines: start, stop, load/unload-housekeeping, monitor and record pressures, temperatures, volumes, fluid levels, etc.
- Troubleshoot compressor and pipeline systems
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule
- Patrol pipelines as needed - maintain pipeline markings
- Basic map reading and Global Positioning System (GPS) skills
- Ability to read and utilize drawings, schematics, alignment sheets and P&ID drawings.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory requirements (OSHA, DOT, EPA and state regulations) and document required regulatory activities.
- Must plan, organize and prioritize assigned responsibilities.
- Work independently as liaison between Energy Transfer Partners and outside entities i.e. landowners, emergency response agencies, contractors and other pipeline companies.
- Manage all activities with a focus on safety and compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- Valid driver's license
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work unsupervised or with supervision
- Software Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Lifting up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Working extended hours required in emergencies, on projects, or outages.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
- Subject to call out 24-7-365.
- Pipeline or previous work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications