Planner (BURNDY) - Lincoln, NH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorporate Overview:
Founded in 1924, BURNDY (a division of Hubbell, Inc.) manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It s this talent that we consider to be our company s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company s success with your own.
The Planner is responsible for planning the materials, quantities, and priority order of manufacturing jobs within the plant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Coordinate flow of work within and between departments of manufacturing plant to drive on time delivery to customers by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
* Create and schedule Production Orders to meet on time delivery performance goals and align with the capacity of the factory.
* Assemble Production Order packets and verify correct drawings are included.
* Review unscheduled customer and inter-company purchase order (ICPO) backlog on a daily basis.
* Assess backlog and output by process line.
* Resolve material shortages with Purchasing and collaborate with Warehouse on off-site storage pick list.
* Respond to Customer Service on lead time requests, expedite requests, and direct shipping requests.
* Collaborate with Manufacturing to kick-start jobs on hold (e.g., resolve problems with job quantity, rejects, missing prints, material shortages.)
* Resolve Production Order variances and cost of goods issue (COGI) errors.
* Draft new Work Instructions, as applicable.
* Effectively collaborate with difficult personalities to overcome obstacles and implement change.
* Communicate with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, etc. as needed to resolve problems on specific Production Orders and address bigger picture issues on output and delivery.
* Actively participate in Production Control meetings & communicate within the department to share pertinent information and set goals.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in an analytical field (business, economics, etc.)
* 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* APICS CPIM preferred.
* SAP experience preferred.
* Lean experience preferred.
* Ability to analyze current processes and pro-actively make improvements on a day-to-day basis in addition to collaborating on larger changes within the plant.
* Demonstrated expert level Microsoft Excel skills to crunch backlog & capacity data and update department manager.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.