This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Engineered Materials - Kirkhill, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, offers world-class elastomer seals, engineered silicone products, and engineered organic rubber products for today s commercial aviation, military applications, and other specialized elastomer markets. Our solutions fall into two broad categories: aerospace products and commercial products.
Company Name: Esterline Engineered Materials KIRKHILL, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense/Commercial Products & Services
Number of Employees: Approximately 800
Title: Planner 1
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager (dotted line to Planning Manager)
Works with: Planning, materials, warehouse, manufacturing, quality, engineering, procurement and customer service departments
Location: Brea, CA, USA
Works within the planning and manufacturing organizations to prepare and release work order packets consisting of work orders, manufacturing work instructions, and product labels as directed by the master schedule. Plans and monitors the flow of materials from the receipt of demand through the manufacturing process.
* Works with department planner to create production work orders based on master schedule and MRP requirements.
* Prepares work order packets for each work order.
* Reviews and releases work orders to production.
* Schedules and re-schedules work orders on the shop floor based on availability of capacity and master schedule demand.
* Updates and maintains monthly schedule file.
* Identifies purchasing and internal shortages and follows up with the responsible buyer or planner.
* Escalates issues issues to the next appropriate level.
* Assists with the investigation and resolution of issues related to past due shipments/work orders and material shortages.
* Participates in lean initiatives including but not limited to: kanban, one-piece flow, and inventory reduction.
* Maintains planning metrics.
* Coordinates with manufacturing, purchasing, quality, engineering, sales, and other support teams to alleviate constraints to on-time delivery.
* Maintains accurate records and files.
* Ability and willingness to train other employees.
* Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understands and lives by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Ability to understand the needs and concerns of internal customers and respond effectively in a professional manner.
* Ability to handle and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with a strong eye for detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate professionally via written and verbal with internal customer to understand needs and concerns.
* High level of motivation and sense of urgency.
* Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications.
* Willingness and ability to work any assigned shift or work area.
* Must be a team player and have sound judgment.
* Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Good organizational skills.
* Basic understanding of MRP logic, scheduling logic, bills of material, kanban material flow, capacity planning and product family manufacturing strategies.
* Basic understanding of configuration management.
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum 1 year Planning or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
* APICS certification strongly preferred.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).