This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Planner/Buyer uses expertise in defining the required purchases or deliverables by planning, scheduling and monitoring the movement of materials or services throughout the product life cycle. Analyzes procurement planning requirements for specific area and maintains appropriate levels of inventory at planned levels.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Defines the required purchases or deliverables by planning, scheduling and monitoring the movement of materials, goods or services throughout the product life cycle
* Utilizes JDE/SAP and MRP in the planning, monitoring, and launching of production work orders and outside process orders in support of Operations' objectives, on time customer order fulfillment, and various materials' objectives like inventory optimization
* Works on a wide variety of complex planning activities where production techniques are new or variable
* Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools
* Plans recent schedules and inventory control parameters for products and services, consistent with requirements or as arranged with requisition
* Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading and capacity requirements
* Arranges for submission and inspection of products as required and assures timely execution of products and service sourcing activities
* Reschedules in case of design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs and other interruptions
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 2-5 years of relevant experience
* Knowledge of procurement/planning best practices and experience with managing tight development program deadlines in aerospace/manufacturing environment
* Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems
* Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Solves complex problems and exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to drive tasks to completion
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
* Experience in SAP
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.