This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Planner
Primary Location: 7300 Airport Blvd, Houston, TX 77061 USA
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Material Control / Logistics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for planning and maintaining materials schedule for all international procurement in order to meet manufacturing or sales demand. Ensuring the control and timing of inventory balances and material costs. Interface with Productions, Sales, Quality Assurance, and Accounts Payable and other key departments.
1. Responsible for the planning and replenishment of assigned product groups.
2. Create and execute realistic materials plan to meet inventory and capacity requirements for all Lamons locations as required.
3. Develop, maintain and provide demand and capacity plan for all manufacturing centers
4. Release jobs for manufacturing and proactively work to consume excess inventory by reviewing all location stock levels.
5. Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules or Customer demand.
6. Balance demand and supply for all materials and locations, review new material demand, repositions materials, recommends repurposing of excess stock materials, issues transfer orders, and job release for domestic and international locations.
7. Release and issue Purchase Orders and follow-up or expedite vendor purchase orders as necessary to meet schedules.
8. Acts on order releases actions and exception messages from the company system.
9. Interfaces with the Quality Assurance Department on the issuance of CAR's to suppliers to correct problems; follows-up to insure prompt reply with appropriate corrective and preventive action.
10. Interface with Accounts Payable to resolve vendor invoice discrepancies.
11. As needed support Houston Sales and Remote Branches by obtaining quotes while contacting vendors for pricing for goods and services in order to quote our Customers.
12. Releases purchase orders for production material, floor stock items and handle all purchases to support the business as needed.
13. Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
14. Additional duties may be assigned by Manager
* Knowledge of ERP systems, word processing and excel.
* Basic understanding of raw materials
* Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving experience
* Knowledge of production processes and flow of product through Supply Chain
* Must be able to be effective in a fast paced environment Education
* Degree in Business, Supply Chain or technical field
* Certified as C.P.I.M or equivalent certification is preferred. Work Experience
* 3 plus years of successful experience in Inventory Control, Production Scheduling, Materials Planning, or as Buyer. Physical Requirements
* Must be able to lift, bend, stoop and climb; capable of lifting up to 30 lbs.; may experience mental fatigue due to complex problems, pressure from schedules, deadlines and pace of work. Some occasional travel may be required.