Planning Manager - Greenville, SC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCORPORATE OVERVIEW
HUBBELL INCORPORATED is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
HUBBELL LIGHTING, INC., is a core business platform of Hubbell Incorporated. The platform supplies a comprehensive range of indoor and outdoor lighting products to industrial, commercial and institutional applications and is the largest manufacturer of residential lighting fixtures in North America.
The primary responsibilities of the SIOP PLANNING MANAGER are to facilitate the SIOP (Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning) process for Hubbell Lighting, Inc (HLI). This includes defining and coordinating the preparation of the monthly SIOP deck using cross functional inputs and managing the calendar of events supporting the monthly process. This role oversees the shared metrics for the success of the process.
Harness the organization s knowledge and resources to produce demand forecasts that will be effectively used in Sales and Operations Planning
Continuously improve the sales forecasting processes and systems, ensuring the resultant forecast accuracy is improving
IMPACT ON OPERATIONS:
The decisions, proposals, strategies, and actions of this function significantly impact shipments, sales, inventory, profits, and inventory purchases annually greater than $100,000,000
* Develop a standard SIOP process including statistical models considering the HLI business units (brands) and across multiple source sites including both manufactured and purchased sources
* Establish standard methods for developing, implementing, and maintaining planning BOMs using best practices found both within and outside the organization
* Develop and coordinate process to identify outlier opportunistic large customer orders and model to determine risk of investing in required long lead supply chain materials
* Manage and coordinate the team of SIOP Planners with a combination of direct reports and indirect reports
* Manage SIOP activities that provide analysis to drive business decisions relative to improving customer service, efficiency, and continuous improvement
* Define report and process designs that lead to process simplification, standardization, and enhanced business planning
* Leverage industry best planning practices to continually improve the process
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or equivalent MBA preferred
* APICS CPIM certification completed, in-process or willingness to complete is required
* Must have a Minimum of 10 (+) years of Supply Management experience in industrial environment
* Must have a minimum of 5 (+) years SAP experience (SD/PP/MM) or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
* Background and understanding of supply chain management principles such as Production Planning, Purchasing, Forecasting, and Logistics
* Knowledge of and/or experience with SAP APO ( Advanced Planning and Optimization ) is highly desired but not required.
* Strong interpersonal skills for effective relationship management with internal and external business partners
* Computer skills to work with various software working knowledge of SAP (highly desired), high competency in Excel, working knowledge of PowerPoint
* PMP certification and PMI professional active membership is desired
HUBBELL INCORPORATED, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, IS AN EO EMPLOYER AA: M/F/VETERAN/DISABILITY. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CLASS.