Planning Supervisor 8/26/2016
Generac Power Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Eagle, WI is seeking a Planning Supervisor.
The Planning Supervisor is an integral part of Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process and is responsible for working with the Corporate Forecasting team by translating forecasts for the planning and execution of production, inventory, distribution and financial requirements. This role is responsible for driving business solutions and practices utilizing Generac's Operating Model to help manage a demand driven approach. This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager or Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collaborate with corporate planners and business unit's cross-functional teams (supply chain, production execution and operational excellence) to develop and improve strategies and processes that drive fill rate, working capital and improved material margins.
* Use capacity analysis, historical data, sales forecasts and product life cycle roadmaps as input to develop demand unit volume requirements.
* Work with Product Management to understand New Product Introduction (NPI) and End of Sale product transitions to seamlessly phase-in or phase-out within operations with minimal risk (e.g., resource, inventory, and capacity). Mitigate E
* 3 - 5 years of demand planning or related experience;
* 1 - 2 years of supervisory experience.
* Strong Lean and Pull environment background, preferably in Demand Flow principles and practices;
* Solid track record for performance and progression within operations, business and supply chain;
* Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams and individuals across multiple cultures, disciplines and geographies;
* Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.