This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Plant Accountant
Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our 26 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for a Plant Accountant who will work with the Accounting Manager and Plant staff to reduce costs and improve profitability.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
* Understand plant manufacturing process and quality variables
* Variance analysis forecasting and actual performance reporting to Plant and corporate management
* Identify and resolve receiving, material usage and PPV issues
* Work with department managers to control overhead spending
* Assist with business analysis projects.
* Ensure accuracy, timeliness and quality of all financial information: month end closing and reporting, goods received not billed reporting, preparation, tracking and reviewing of journal entries
* account analysis and reconciliation during closing as required,
* Coordinate and/or review booking of monthly raw material physical count, prepare balance sheet reporting package, maintain bill of materials and routing, A/P problem log resolution.
* Maintain capital (AFCE) project files by assisting with profit bearing AFCE savings analysis (IRR) and/or asset disposals.
* Coordinate and/or provide assistance with monthly reporting of Capital spending forecasting.
* Prepare monthly reporting of fixed asset additions, disposals or change notices.
* Assist with physical inventory process and control. Perform and/or audit cycle count for finished goods and raw materials throughout the year.
* Production reporting balancing, auditing and verification. Inter-company shipments and transfer activity auditing and review, as applicable.
* Assist with SMOOSI management throughout the year.
* Provide support and assistance with annual business plan process.
* Assist the Accounting Manager and Plant staff to meet plan timetable.
* Analyze accounts and prepare schedules as requested.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with 2+ to 5 years' experience, preferably in an Accounting/Finance environment is required.
* CPA, MBA, CMA is preferred but not required. Manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures preferred.
* Understanding of key financial and operating systems: ArcPlan, Maximo, PeopleSoft, TM1, ADP E-time, Concur T&E, Dataview is also preferred.
* Other preferences: SAQ Compliance, knowledge of quality process, familiar with Accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
No search firms please.