Plant Accountant w Foundry Experience
* 3 - 5 years accounting experience
* Foundry or Heavy Manufacturing production environment experience
* Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration
* _LOCATED IN OR ABILITY TO RELOCATE TO BISCOE, NC_
THE ROLE WILL SERVE AS THE PLANT\'S ACCOUNTANT AND RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:
* Oversee Invoicing Accounting Assistant.
* Make calls to customers to resolve problem issues (such as debit memos).
* Contact customers relating to shipping and/or payment errors.
* Research and write credit memos to be processed.
* Post approved credits for returns, etc. to customer accounts.
* Complete requests for credit references on customers.
* Calculate surcharge not invoiced in selling price for selected customers for month end invoicing.
* Oversee Cash and Accounts Payable Accounting Assistant.
* Complete requests for credit references from vendors.
* Complete manufacturer's certificates.
* Prepare non-invoice monthly payments (commissions, leases).
* Handle miscellaneous vendor calls regarding payment issues.
* Exercise supervision over the maintenance of the company charts of accounts.
* Account Reconciliation on selected accounts.
* Journal entries, as assigned.
* Prepare customer deduction accrual spreadsheet.
* Review questionable items on financial statements prior to close.
* Prepare and maintain capital expenditure reporting to corporate.
* Oversee General Accounting Assistant.
* Key contact on BLIS system.
* Write BLIS queries, as needed.
* Prepare annual fuel taxreport.
* Participate in budget process.
* Miscellaneous customer requests and problem solving.
* Assist in year-end audits.
* Prepare annual property tax return to County.
* Control and management of the computer for its efficient utilization.
* Manage control over forms and office equipment.
* Maintain and implement the Accounting Procedure Manual and the Computer Operations Procedure Manual.
* Cross trained to perform duties of Cash Invoicing Assistant; General Accounting Assistant; Cash accounting.
CULTURE AND PERKS
At our organization, we believe it's important to measure our performance and to track the results of our people, assets and technology. The following values and principles will guide us in order to fulfill our responsibilities to employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers and communities in which we operate.
SAFETY AND HEALTH
The most important asset in our business is our employees. We are dedicated to maintaining a safe, clean and healthy working environment. We are committed to act responsibly within the communities in which we do business. Our objective is to provide quality products and services to our customers. We will conduct our business in the safest possible manner in order to ensure the well being of our employees. To accomplish this objective, we are committed to adhering with all applicable health and safety regulations, in providing the necessary training to our employees, and supporting the investment required to comply with this important principle.
We are dedicated to continuous improvement and providing a quality product to our customers. We will use customer measurements as our scorecard, will make decisions with our customer perspective in mind and will be responsive to their needs. Finally, we will continuously monitor our performance through key business metrics that are reviewed and monitored on an hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis.
COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYEES
We value our entire workforce and are dedicated to fair treatment, open communications and respect of every employee within our business. We are committed to open and timely communication to all our employees, shareholders, customers and suppliers on all matters. We will communicate clear expectations, evaluate results, provide constructive feedback and reward performance, accordingly.
The company will continuously seek better means and methods of conducting our business and improving our processes. We will accomplish this by implementing lean initiatives and by sharing best practices throughout our business.
LONG TERM VALUE CREATION
Our focus is on long term value creation through exceptional and dedicated management of our overall business. We are committed to creating value through oversight from our best-in-class management team while understanding our long term strategic focus. Since we are a capital intensive business, we understand that cash flow, return on investment and otherfinancial objectives are key indicators of our progress. We are committed to adding value to our business and achieving the objectives of our shareholders.
We pledge to be honorable corporate citizens by supporting the communities in which we operate. We encourage employees to be involved in civic events through volunteerism. Moreover, we will protect the environment through "green" initiatives where feasible. After all, we're the ultimate recycler!