Plant Controller 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PLANT CONTROLLER
* The Plant Controller is responsible for accounting controls and reporting for plant including budget and forecasts, monthly closings, financial statements, product costing, and business analyses and recommendations.
* The Plant Controller ensures compliance with SOX and coordinates internal and external audits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for cost control and regular reporting of performance.
* Leads efforts to complete rolling forecasts, manage to forecast results and annual budget process for site.
* Responsible for product costing, financial closings, analyses of variance, and other related activities for site.
* Protects company assets by ensuring plant has sound financial controls and those controls are executed as designed. As a member of plant leadership team sets strategy for the site.
* Drives the business with cost estimates, financial analyses, and recommendations for decision making.
* Plans work to ensure all deadlines are met for reporting and project completion.
* Ownership of the reported results, driving countermeasures to ensure annual financial results is achieved.
* Justify sound business decisions with accurate timely financial data.
* Proactively adjusting to changing business conditions and leading profitable growth in the segment.
* Working with sales team and using lean accounting techniques to analysis new business opportunities.
* Coordinate financial business issues between lead team and location staff.
* Proactive business leader that drives the location staff with timely effective financial information.
* Ensures working capital goal is achieved, mainly around A/P and Inventory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
* CPA or CMA preferred.
* At least 5 years' experience working in a plant setting.