Plant Controller-Mechanicsburg, PA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Beverage and Dairy Foods Division Plant Controller for the Mechanicsburg PA Plant reports to the Beverage Co-Packing Operations Accounting Manager, with a dotted line to respective Plant Manager. The Plant Controller is responsible for all financial aspects related to their plant. This position is a leadership role, and as such is expected to inspire employees to greater levels of professionalism, quality, productivity and engagement in the DFA Team. The Plant Controller must possess the core values of Integrity, Quality, Passion, Accountability, Innovation, and be Performance Driven, as set forth by the DFA Board of Directors. The Plant Controller works closely with Plant Management, Plant Employees, and serves as a liaison with the DFA enterprise wide functional departments such as Accounting, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance. The Plant Controller is responsible for exercising fiduciary duties to safeguard DFA assets and to also secure compliance with DFA Policy and Procedure relative to the disciplines of Accounting and Finance. Specifically, the Plant Controller is charged with the timely and accurate closing of the books each month, and the related financial reporting. The Plant Controller is expected to provide timely and value added financial analysis of their plant's operational results to Management and to partner with Management to help drive increased productivity, efficiency and awareness of any issues that are detrimental to the plant's profitability. Additionally, this position also works closely with the Plant's customers to ensure proper execution of business practices and contracts relative to costing, inventory, and yield reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Close Books timely and accurately monthly
* Timely and accurately prepare and distribute Monthly Financial Reports
* Timely and accurately prepare Account Analysis each month
* Timely and accurately prepare Annual Plant Budgets
* Provide timely and accurate financial forecasts as scheduled
* timing of above to be in compliance with monthly Closing Schedules
* Ensure compliance with DFA Policy and Procedure
* Monthly review Plant's financial position with Plant Management staff
* Orchestrate and supervise annual Blind-Tagged Inventory Physical Count
* Orchestrate and supervise annual Fixed Asset Physical Count
* Seek continuous improvement in all areas related to accounting, financial reporting and management skills