Plant Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONBased in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Momentive materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
The Plant Electrical Engineer will be responsible for electrical safety, adherence to standards, and reliability of power distribution for a 20MW chemical production facility. In this role, the individual will support the site Maintenance and Operations departments, drive equipment reliability improvements, and reduce equipment failures.
He/she will also be responsible for daily activities of assigned programs and projects, and strict adherence to site EHS requirements. The position will have day-to-day plant support responsibilities including working closely with the hourly maintenance personnel. Strong communication skills are a must, as this position interfaces with numerous departments and levels of leadership.
The Plant Electrical Engineer will report to the Reliability Engineering Manager.
* Plant Electrical Engineer will manage programs to improve reliability of existing substations, power distribution systems, motors, drives, and controls. He/she will:
* Drive adherence to safety standards and plant electrical engineering standards.
* Take ownership of plant power distribution systems. Oversee switching of low, medium and high voltage systems.
* Own and develop the master data for equipment records, preventive maintenance, and spare parts.
* Assist in major equipment failures by conducting and documenting failure root cause analysis investigations, and work with a team to develop repair plans and implement corrective actions as needed.
* Gather maintenance data and analyze to determine failure rates and failure modes. Use analysis data to design and quantify reliability improvement projects and determine payback opportunities.
* Drive significant improvements in maintenance practices, costs, and environmental health & safety (EHS) challenges.
* Review capital project equipment designs and perform electrical vendor / supplier assessments.
* Perform financial analysis of maintenance repairs / programs to support site budget requirements.
* Implement investment projects as needed to support Maintenance and Reliability goals, including responsibility for scope, schedule, budget, and cash flow.
* Review and approve Management of Change requests.
* Actively participate in the development of engineering skills, functional competencies, and personal effectiveness.
* 5+ years experience with electrical infrastructure, power distribution and motor control.
* Demonstrated ability to think and work independently with minimal direction or engineering leadership.
* Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation including 1-lines, schematics, P&IDs, construction drawings, codes and standards, and operating manuals.
* Strong customer focus, with experience contributing to and leading cross-functional and diverse project teams.
* Effective time management skills with ability to multitask.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing skills.
* Working knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
* Candidates must be physically able to do field work in an industrial environment involving walking long distances and climbing of stairs and fixed ladders.
* Maintenance/Reliability experience in a petrochemical or similar industrial manufacturing environment.
* Direct electrical engineering experience in an industrial setting with the following:
* High voltage substations up to 115kV
* Medium voltage substations at 4,160V and 34.5kV
* Low voltage distribution up to 480V
* 120V and 480V motor control
* Operational switching of medium voltage systems
* Overhead medium voltage power distribution
* Uninterruptable Power Supplies
* Variable speed drive systems
* Electrical design including cable sizing, breaker/fuse/overload sizing
* Assignment of electrical area classifications
* Short circuit analysis
* Arc flash hazard analysis
* Coordination of protective devices
* Controls troubleshooting
* Familiarity with NEC and NFPA 70E
* Familiarity with OSHA 1910.119 PSM programs.
* Experience with SAP maintenance, purchasing, and project transactions.
* Proven ability to be a successful change agent, including teaching and mentoring others.
* Experience in union environment, and demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse union workforce and contractors.
* Project management experience and skills.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD or other design software, and MS Project or other project scheduling software.
* Six Sigma trained.
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.