Plant Engineer, Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Under the direction of the Plant Engineer, manage the activities of the maintenance department to keep building and equipment in proper state of repair. This is done in order to reduce mechanical downtime and keep product flow and production lines running at maximum efficiency. Responsible for the development and implementation of maintenance systems associated with high performing manufacturing organizations (Preventative/Predictive Maintenance, TPM, etc.). Participate in project management to ensure safe, successful completion of project goals.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Lead the Maintenance Department effort in the development and implementation of maintenance systems associated with High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Preventive/Predictive Maintenance, TPM, etc.). Ensure proper scheduling of resources to maximize amount of work completed while minimizing plant downtime. Additionally, these systems will provide maximum plant capacity, while minimizing cost. The result is reduced unscheduled downtime, creating higher plant efficiency.
* Manage the maintenance staff through delegation, policy and procedure administration, assignment of work responsibilities, planning, organizing, directing and follow-up of the work assignment. Maintain a positive and cooperative atmosphere in all relations, both inside and outside of the department. Champion plant safety efforts within the department through administration and enforcement of company and plant policies/procedures. Facilitate employee training.
* Participate in and drive long-term solution development. Under the direction of the Plant Engineer, deliver day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc. Ensure the smooth daily operation of the plant with minimal repetitive issues in a positive work environment.
* Participate in capital project development and post-approval management. Assist Plant Engineer in management and scheduling of project elements to ensure minimal interruption to plant operations. Successful finished projects will perform as designed, on time and on budget with no safety, food safety or environmental issues.
* Work with Corporate Manager of Maintenance to develop and/or maintain Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.)
* Take ownership for their own personal growth and professional development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Possess Associates of Science Degree from an accredited college/university or Technical school and five or more years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education.
* Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Possess superior communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
* Possess excellent organizational planning, team work, analytical reasoning, interpersonal and adaptability skills.
* Possess thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CMMS systems.
* Ability to use equipment-monitoring technology, interpreting and communicating results to appropriate personnel.
* Possess advanced technical skills in the mechanical and/or electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical systems, etc).
* Must be able to lead resource planning and management efforts in a large manufacturing environment.
* Thorough knowledge of maintenance systems, work flow systems, preventive/predictive maintenance program development and management, TPM, etc.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to perform studies on the production floor, work in temperatures ranging from 10 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit and in constant noise, exposure to fumes, dust, mechanical, electrical and safety hazards.
* Noise level in the work environment is moderate but can be loud if in the plant areas.
SCOPE/IMPACT OF JOB:
* This is a developmental role within the Plant Engineering organization. Successful associates will be groomed for a future Plant Engineer role.
* This role will likely require relocation within the company, based on the needs of the organization.
* Expected tenure in this position is 2-5 years with subsequent promotion to a Plant Engineer position.