This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Responsible for managing the activities of the maintenance department to keep the building and equipment in a proper state of repair. This is done in order to reduce mechanical downtime and keep product flow and production lines running at maximum efficiency. Responsible for the development and implementation of maintenance systems associated with High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Preventative/ Predictive Maintenance, TPM, etc.).
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
20% Maintenance Systems
* Responsible for the development and implementation of maintenance systems associated with High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Preventive and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, etc.).
* Proper scheduling of work to fit maximum amount completed with minimal plant downtime.
* These systems will provide maximum plant capacity, while minimizing cost.
* The result is reduced unscheduled downtime creating higher department/plant efficiency.
20% Maintenance Staff and Safety
* Manage the maintenance staff through delegation, policy and procedure administration, assignment of work responsibilities, planning, organizing, directing and follow-up of the work assignment.
* Promote plant safety performance through administration, enforcement of company and plant policy/procedure and training consistent with the objectives of Smithfield and in compliance with Federal and State agencies.
* Accountable for providing long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
* Ensure the smooth daily operation of the plant with minimal repetitive issues.
20% Project Development
* Capital project development and post-approval management.
* Manage and schedule project elements to ensure minimal interruption to plant operations.
* Deliver finished projects as designed, on time and on budget with no safety, food safety or environmental issues.
15% Key Performance Indicators
* Develops and/or maintains Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.).
5% Personal Growth
* Takes ownership for their own personal growth and professional development by soliciting feedback, getting involved in departmental/plant initiatives and projects, and developing a career plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering and eight plus years of related experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
* High level of leadership skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
* Knowledge of spreadsheets, Word processing software and the Internet.
* Ability to use exposure monitoring equipment, interpret and communicate results.
* Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills required.
* Possess advanced technical skills in the mechanical/electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, etc.) and is able to lead resource planning efforts in a large manufacturing environment.
* Thorough knowledge of maintenance systems, work order process, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, etc.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the maintenance department at the plant (Union and Non-Union).
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
SCOPE/IMPACT OF JOB:
Annual operating expense budget assigned to manage: less than $4 million. * Approximate number of vendors to manage: 80.
* Value of assets responsible to maintain: $5 million - $25 million.
* Responsible for MRO inventory up to $1.1 million.
* Supervises less than 25 mechanics.