This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlant Engineer
Position ID: req3858
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Plant, Springfield, 1100 Industrial Drive, Springfield, TN 37172-3325 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/31/2016
This highly visible, hands-on leader is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to facility operations projects and cost reduction measures across all processes aiming to ensure state-of-the-art technology, equipment and processes. This position will have a significant opportunity to increase the level of production efficiency across the entire facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drive the investments on new industrial initiatives and other changes necessary to improve production efficiency, quality and operational safety.
* Participate in engineering design reviews; evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
* Analyze facility operations processes for continuous improvement opportunities in quality, cost and throughput. Focus on Lean Enterprise evaluation and deployment.
* Lead/participate in research, collection of information, obtaining quotes from vendors and checking availability of equipment.
* Write investment requests
* Knowledge of the following systems is required Dock levelers, dock locks, fire alarm systems, fire pump systems, Electrical distribution systems, pumping systems, cooling towers, HVAC systems, BMS systems, Overhead gantry cranes, forklifts and battery charging systems.
* Responsible for the management of security team, food service team, janitorial team and landscape maintenance team.
* Manages energy consumption and reports on key metrics at required intervals.
* Lead project review meetings during the course of a project.
* Establish and executing project task lists to keep projects moving forward according each project s plan.
* Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist with the project.
* Travel will be possible during project review meetings and during commissioning.
* Operational support for manufacturing equipment including press room equipment; 100 1500 to progressive, transfer, hand tool, punch press process; paint and finishing systems, assembly lines, product care.
* Project deployment and a successful startup with continuous support, deploy inside project financials, achieve project timelines, comply or exceed quality targets encompassed in the project scope.
* Responsible for performing engineering and technical duties during implementation and audit of all facility related tasks. Performs problem solving techniques, process improvements, and maintains the quality standards of systems.
* Site performance goals and support as related to safety, operational performance, financial, quality and delivery objectives.
* Exhibits and leads with attitude, ability and assertiveness.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, with a PE license preferred, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil in order of preferrence
* Minimum 5 Years experience in facility engineering role preferred
* Demonstrated success working in a highly evolved Lean manufacturing environment
* Experience with new product commercialization
* Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment across a matrix organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Strong project management, problem solving and decision making skills and abilities, Lean Enterprise or Continuous Improvement background is a plus.
* Proven analytical skills; data-driven and detail-oriented
* Experience in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project
* Strong interpersonal skills and team player
* Highly organized; capable of multitasking across multiple projects
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills
* Effective operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Ability to influence
* Highly self-motivated and directed
* Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
* Experience with control systems, energy systems, fire protection systems, electrical distribution systems a plus.
* SCADA systems, development and deployment experience is a plus.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.