Plant Engineer 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Plant Engineer is responsible for the research, develop, design and test of a wide range of machinery, both as standard products and with custom features, according to requirements of customers or business plan. They prepare design sketches, layouts and schematics as part of the design plan. The Plant Engineer oversees implementation and execution of plans (from design, installation, testing and implementation). They direct, organize and manage all resources in support of production facilities. The Plant Engineer oversees and supervises the projects and activities to ensure cost effectiveness, safety, and compliance.
- Develops plans, layouts and schematics on equipment changes or new design.
- Provides technical guidance, support and oversight in equipment design and development; plant equipment specifications, acquisition and installation; machine tooling; service engineering, major equipment repair and overhauling.
- Supports and participates in the implementation and continuous improvement of the Production System.
- Evaluates plant engineering requirements, recommends changes and modifications as required to ensure optimal efficiency, safety and longevity.
- Communicates, facilitates and coordinates activities and commitments with other departments and functions.
- Develops and tracks project schedules.
- Monitors and maintains current engineering knowledge in developing technologies and practices.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget and may participant in additional Plant P&L planning. Participates in business unit strategic and operations planning.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
- Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, insures positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
- May oversee all Maintenance and Safety activities for Plant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineeringrequired.
- 5+ years of practical mechanical/electricalengineeringexperience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Broad engineering knowledge and its application.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, computer, planning and project-management skills.
- Must also have the ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team