Plant Engineer 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Plant Engineer. The Winder, Georgia plant produces fiberglass building insulation for retail, contractor, and commercial applications.
- Manages project engineering, maintenance, and MRO/Raw Material purchasing.
- Maintains facility including HVAC, building structure, grounds, etc.
- Develops and accountable for the annual plant maintenance budget.
- Develops and accountable for annual engineering, maintenance, and purchasing metrics (uptime, AC&R data, P2P metrics, capital projects)
- Coordinates the Management of Change process (MOC) for the facility.
- Partners with the Production Department to accommodate predictive and preventive maintenance activities, minimize downtime and scrap, and provide feedback regarding the status and availability of production equipment to the Production Department.
- Partners with Health, Safety, and Environmental team to ensure compliance with standards, practices, and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of environmental equipment, according to engineering principles, safety regulations, and the Title V permit.
- Ensures equipment and facility functions as planned to avoid downtime and scrap. This will require after hours support from all departments.
- Identifies needs for major equipment repair and replacement, keeping in mind opportunities for improvement in efficiency, costs, environmental stewardship and safety.
- Facilitates the capital project process for the facility. Directs execution of capital projects to meet timelines and approved costs. Develops and maintains equipment replacement/rebuild plan for the next 5 years.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure consistent application of HR related policies and practices. Works with HR to maintain staffing levels.
- Coordinates maintenance training and maintenance apprentice program.
- Participates in meetings/calls to share information between plants/facilities and within the Winder Plant.
- Coordinates the plant reliability program and monitors/reports progress on a consistent basis.
- Directs work of outside contractors for annual service agreements, shutdown events, and emergency repairs.
- Travel as needed to accomplish above duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- 4+ years experience in managing equipment maintenance and reliability programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain preventive maintenance programs.
- Solid knowledge and experience of predictive maintenance programs.
- Working knowledge of power transmission, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Working knowledge in electrical systems ranging from 110 to 4160 voltages.
- Working knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, and VFDs (Allen Bradley)
- Demonstrated ability to manage capital projects ($50K - $5M).
- Knowledge and compliance experience with environmental and OSHA.
- Solid troubleshooting/problem solving.
- Proficient user of SAP.
- Must be able to meet the demands required in a 365/24/7 manufacturing environment with rotating shifts, including after hour support.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience (hourly and salary).
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal).
- Proven teambuilding skills including facilitation and team member participation.
- Proven leadership skills
- Desire to advance to positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
Additional consideration given for:
- Working knowledge of metals and fabrication.
- Basic water balancing, treatment, quality, etc.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70E.
- Working knowledge of transformers and power distribution.
- Continuous Improvement experience (Six Sigma, Lean or 5S).
- Working knowledge of CAD and/or other similar programs
- Fiberglass manufacturing experience.