Plant Engineering Manager 9/9/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Engineering Manager is responsible for the oversight of the maintenance functions, engineering, and site facilities. This position is a leadership role, and as such is expected to inspire employees to greater levels of professionalism, quality, productivity and engagement in the DFA Team. The Engineering Manager works closely with Plant Management, Plant Employees, and serves as a liaison with the DFA enterprise wide functional departments such as Quality Assurance and Compliance, Human Resources, Accounting, Engineering, Purchasing, Research and Development, and Risk Management. Specifically, the Manager Engineering is responsible for the performance of the Plant Engineering, Maintenance, and IT Departments. This position will develop engineering plans to support current and future plant requirements, and developing systems in critical areas such as Preventative Maintenance, Spare Parts Inventories, and Work Order Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and retain highly effective personnel through proper selection, training and task assignment of personnel.
- Identify and implement developmental plans and training for supervisors and support staff reporting directly and indirectly.
- Establish and manage the department's budget to ensure financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Manage Capital and Expense Projects to meet scope, budget and timeline as defined
- Develop, implement and maintain maintenance related systems to support the continuous manufacturing requirements.
- Ensure the department's activities remain in or exceed the standards and specifications established by Quality Assurance
- Coordinate with on-site staff and Capital Steering Committee to review and approve plans for new equipment installation and layout to ensure operational efficiency
- Engage and interact with affected personnel on a regular basis assisting them with their concerns and questions
- Drive key performance indicators through-out the organization and participate in making corrective action recommendations and manage successful implementation for necessary changes
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities to ensure plant sustainability
- Manage employee's performance through establishing expectations, holding people accountable and developing the understanding of the sense of urgency
- Partner with other departments regarding the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or process, and the injection of new products or product lines-Ensure good business communication practices are engaged at all levels to ensure key stakeholders are well informed and have the ability to appropriately respond.
- Ensure all process changes, equipment changes or product changes are understood by affected employees in a timely fashion.
- Understand and implement problem solving techniques, motivational techniques, long range planning, and Employee & Labor Relations
- Availability 24/7
- Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned as required.