Plant HR Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is seeking an experienced and key strategic team member of their global team to work in the capacity of PLANT HR MANAGER. The chosen candidate will have a depth and breadth of HR generalist experience and must be with talent management processes and technology which includes goal planning, competency platform, career development, performance reviews, and succession planning. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE AN EXCELLENT COLLABORATOR AND HAVE DEMONSTRATED STRONG HUMAN RESOURCE CAPABILITIES IN A UNIONIZED, LARGE SCALE MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT WITH AN EMPLOYEE POPULATION OF UP TO 2,000.
* Manage the labor relations communications between the Union, Management, and employees, i.e., issue resolution, grievance procedures, NLRB charges, etc.
* Assists in the training and development of line management in the application and administration of the Labor Agreement and assists with preparations for and negotiations of labor contracts.
* Works directly with Local and International Union Representatives on matters concerning the Labor Agreement, policy application, employee grievances, attendance control and disciplinary actions.
* Investigate, prepare and present Arbitration Cases and NLRB complaints.
* Manage the selection process: recruiting, interviewing, selection teams, hiring and new hire orientation (including benefits) for all employees.
* Manage the salaried administration process.
* Develop and implement processes to insure the skill development of mill personnel.
* Provide daily HR support to department managers and supervision.
* Investigate unemployment claims.
* Identify legal requirements and government regulations affecting Human Resources functions
BEST INDUSTRY - INDUSTRIAL, MANUFACTURING
BEST DEPARTMENT - PLANT HR
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related discipline is required. MA/MS OR MBA IS A STRONG PLUS AND PREFERRED. PHR OR SPHR CERTIFICATION IS PREFERRED.
7 - 10 years of experience working in a HR Generalist role within a unionized manufacturing environment is required.
EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH TALENT MANAGEMENT PROCESSES AND HRIS TECHNOLOGY IS REQUIRED.
SOLID WORKING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WITH LABOR RELATIONS IS REQUIRED.
Solid EEO/AA experience is required.
Diversity and Inclusion experience is a strong plus.
EXPERIENCE INVESTIGATING, PREPARING AND PRESENTING ARBITRATION CASES AND NLRB COMPLAINTS ARE REQUIRED.
EXPERIENCE MANAGING AND FACILITATING FULL LIFE CYCLE STAFFING AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS IS REQUIRED.
Experience partnering with C-Level about the design, development and implementation of HR strategy is required.
Experience within a collaborative, team focused culture establishing trust and cultivating/managing strong business relationships is required.
Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, etc.) are essential in this role.
STRONG EXPERIENCE WITH MS OFFICE (I.E. MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS PROJECT, MS POWERPOINT, VISIO) IS REQUIRED.
US CITIZENS OR GREEN CARD HOLDERS ONLY APPLY. NO H1B VISA SPONSORSHIP WILL BE OFFERED WITH THIS POSITION.