Plant MRO Inventory Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This position supplies maintenance personnel with the correct tools, parts, components and information necessary to maintain and repair all physical plant equipment. This position maintains accurate supplier/vendor part descriptions and inventory balances.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for efficient and accurate physical MRO inventory transactions, including but not limited to: stocking items received, parts disbursement, returns, inventory audits and adjustments.
* Serves customers at the parts room window and records disbursements.
* Data entry of maintenance documentation and administrative processes into the approprate maintenance system(s), including but not limited to: Purchase orders, work orders, order points/maximums, invoice verification, restock orders, preventive maintenance processes and inventory audits.
* Researches order problems such as backorders and slow shipments with outside vendors. Helps schedule and expedite delivery of ordred items in conjunction with maintenance department requirements.
* Generates daily, weekly, monthly and other ad-hoc reports.6
* Administers the CMM Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 5+ years experience in purchasing/parts room inventory/vendor relations; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
* APICS Certification is preferred.
* Excellent written communications skills.
* Knowledge of UNIX application (SAP), Internet and Microsoft Office software, e.g. Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Bi-lingual preferred.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* Vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.