Plant Maintenance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs.
We currently have an opening for a Plant Maintenance Manager .
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the maintenance, service, and repairs of plant equipment, buildings and facilities. Manages Facilities and Maintenance teams and oversees work in the areas of repair and preventive maintenance of molding equipment and auxiliary machinery, welding, plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine and electrical. Assures the optimal functioning of building systems including, but not limited to, mechanical, fire/life safety and HVAC. Oversees the maintenance of grounds, and contractors for facilities renovation and construction projects. Must be able to handle tactical day to day requirements as well as provide strategic direction for establishing proactive preventive maintenance programs which maximize machine up time at optimal cost.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for managing the maintenance, service, and repairs of plant equipment, buildings and facilities.
* Manages Facilities and Maintenance teams and oversees work in the areas of repair and preventive maintenance of molding equipment and auxiliary machinery, welding, plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine and electrical.
* Assures the optimal functioning of building systems including, but not limited to, mechanical, fire/life safety and HVAC. Oversees and participates in repair of molding equipment and auxiliary machinery, including but not limited to, chiller units, thermolators, dryers and compressors.
* Oversees and participates in preventive maintenance functions such as lubricating equipment and checking gauges, hoses, pumps, bells, motors, and oil levels on machinery.
* Oversees the maintenance of grounds, including landscaping, general lighting and parking facilities.
* Negotiates with and oversees the work of contractors for facilities renovation and construction projects including, but not limited to, HVAC, electrical, production floor arrangement and office construction.
* Responsible for planning moves, additions and upgrades throughout facilities.
* Works closely with the utilities companies to monitor expenses and lead energy saving initiatives.
* Conducts studies, makes recommendations and implements changes to procedures in order to improve productivity, safety and cost-effectiveness of facilities maintenance functions.
* Trains, coaches and mentors staff in the areas of safety and standard operating procedures.
* Assign and maintain daily work schedule for Maintenance and Facilities teams and make sure employees have a thorough understanding of their job tasks and any safety hazards and preventive measures that need to be taken that are associated with the work.
* Conducts evaluations, recommends pay increases and participates in hiring and disciplinary decisions.
* Ensures that preventive maintenance programs and standard operating procedures are developed, executed and updated in accordance with ISO guidelines.
* Maintains inventory of spare parts and supplies and issues purchase requisitions.
* Prepares and manages annual budget, tracks metrics, and maintains chemical inventories and material safety data sheets on purchased products.
* Actively supports Pelican's commitment to Quality and all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Performs additional duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Operations.
* Bachelors Degree or accreditation by a technical or vocational college and/or five or more years in a managerial capacity in a manufacturing environment.
* 5+ years experience working with general contractors, electrical and data-com contractors, and roofing contractors.
* Experience managing/co-managing $250K+ construction projects.
* Demonstrated background in Lean Manufacturing, and Total Preventive/Productive Maintenance concepts.
* Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and electrical systems.
* General knowledge of equipment including blending machines, granulators, and auxiliary equipment.
* In-depth knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, HVAC, machine servicing and electrical servicing in order to effectively troubleshoot and make necessary repairs.
* General knowledge of plant and machine safety.
* Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills, be detail-oriented, able read and interpret blueprints and specifications and work under minimum supervision.
* Must have excellent written, negotiation, presentation, communication and time management skills.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and/or other productivity/ project management software.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified.
* Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills and interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must be flexible with work schedules, remain on 24-hour call and be available to work on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law..