"Plant Maintenance Mechanic II"
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The Plant Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for the
care and maintenance of all property and production
assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition
independently and with little direct supervision. The
Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for staying up to
date on new products, equipment, technology and
* Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical
equipment by completing maintenance requirements
(both planned and unplanned) on production,
packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems
(to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam,
cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for
* Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown
* Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures,
electrical schematics, service manuals and work
orders to perform required maintenance and service
* Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair
malfunctioning plant equipment; maintain, repair and
overhaul plant equipment.
* Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting
computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or
reading SPC charts and data)
* Line manufacturing support systems (ozone
generation, line/lube delivery, chemical delivery,
ingredient delivery, PH house)
* Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining
high quality standards
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric
meters and material handling equipment in performing
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any
problems and/or concerns that may restrict the
efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear,
legible and accurate format, and completed with
required information. Ensure all required
information is documented in accordance with SOP s.
* Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory
by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of
all required PPE in designated areas, confined space
safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints,
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area. Report
any food safety and food quality related issues to
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Adjust to assigned equipment that will be maintained
to OEM .
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; Formal
Engineering/Maintenance Training desired
* 1 year minimum experience in a maintenance role
within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and
* 1 year minimum experience with one or more technical
experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic,
electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and
* 1 year minimum experience on a variety of equipment
including lubricating, cleaning, material handling,
motor control, relay control, process control and
* Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential
problems and independently take appropriate
corrective action to prevent component failures or
equipment down time
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required
for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift
up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment with
moderate to high noise volume.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.