Plant Maintenance & Purchasing Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This position is responsible for the clerical and administrative function of the plant purchasing, which includes the maintenance area. This position processes requisitions, opens, distributes and issues purchase orders, maintains a database to track all orders and contacts vendors with orders.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the job incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties and responsibilities or employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
* Research vendor account information for order fulfillment of various parts and invoice issues on a daily basis via telephone and email correspondence.
* Expedite and follow-up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve materials issues, discrepancies, outstanding deliverables of orders placed by the MRO buyer.
* Control and track items that need to be repaired or rebuilt.
* Complete monthly preventative measures on tools, fall protection and inventory of of-site parts,
* Manage the consumable vendors on ordering required parts.
* Assist in reviewing Maintenance PM s for accuracy.
* Responsible for running and providing reports to upper management on a variety of Purchasing and Maintenance needs daily, weekly, and monthly.
* Maintain open communication with the Maintenance staff to address concerns on the parts room.
* Responsible for providing customer service to the plant to complete part(s) order requests.
* Responsible for training any new employees within the department.
* Maintain a clean environment within the parts room to ensure compliance with all Safety, Food Safety and Environmental requirements.
* Communicate with all vendors in emergency situations to ensure expedited service for any equipment not functioning.
* Work with vendors to correct problem orders (example, incorrect pricing or invoice, obtain proof of delivery, track deliveries, etc.)
* Open and enter Plant Purchase Orders for the receiving and bill paying position.
* Work on new and/or special projects as assigned by manager.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and up to 4 years experience in purchasing/parts room inventory/vendor relations; or equivalent combination of education or experience. APICS Certification is preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Knowledge of UNIX application (SAP), the Internet and Microsoft Office software, e.g. Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Bi-lingual preferred.
* Knowledge of Excel, Word, and power point
* SAP knowledge is preferred but not required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Required to work wearing a hardhat, hearing protection, eye protection and steel toe shoes
* Ability to climb, move on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways and platforms.
* Ability to operate powered industrial lifts.
* Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Ability to work in a wet / humid environment.
* Ability to work with strong odors / smells
* Ability to work in an environment with temperatures above 100 degrees.