Plant Manager, Aggregate Quarry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The basic function of the Plant Manager is to provide the necessary leadership to plan, direct, organize, coordinate and control the mining of raw materials and the production of shippable product at the assigned Plant in a manner to meet Aggregate Dispatcher requests on a timely and cost efficient basis. The Plant Manager will be tasked with ensuring that an appropriate quality product is made at the Plant.
The Plant Manager will ensure proper staffing and monitoring of the inventory status at the Plant and in addition will coordinate activities with the following departments: Aggregate Operations Department - Dispatch, Fleet Maintenance Department, and Quality Control Department of the Region in addition Regional Administration / Financial function.
The Plant Manager will analyze and monitor production efficiency / productivity to ensure the Company is fully utilizing on site vehicles and plant equipment at the assigned location. In addition, the Plant Manager will develop mining and production strategies and tactics to ensure an approach to raise productivity levels, maintaining safety as a top propriety, while controlling the costs of the assigned location.
* Consistently identify new operational opportunities and develop strategies for accomplishing the attainment of improved efficiency and productivity.
* Address the needs of the customer while at the same time promoting and protecting the long-term interests of the Company.
* Initiate and implement production and scheduling related programs, strategies and techniques that result in increased productivity, and maintain safe operations of the assigned Plant, while containing the budgeted expenses of the assigned plants.
* Manage the performances of subordinate personnel, work independently, meet deadlines and manage the assigned Plant with fiscal integrity.
* Delegate responsibilities; must be able to objectively evaluate the performance of subordinates; and must be able to hold others accountable in a constructive manner.
* Participate in Company safety inspections as well as MSHA inspections.
* Communicate with site crew which includes plant operator, loader operators and laborers. Depending on labor situation and plant size may need to load and/or be part of operating crew.
* Supervise team to maintain production and efficiency. Schedule production and execute preventative maintenance routines
* Maintain sufficient inventory levels at site to service customers needs
* Coordinate safety issues and investigate incidents with safety department. Ensure environmental compliance, rehabilitation and meeting permit obligations
* Responsible for the rail circuit loading and unloading between Stringtown and DFW area
* Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Preferred field of study: Mining Engineering, Management
Work Experience: 5-7 years Aggregate Mining and related Raw Materials Plant Production experience
Leadership Experience: This position will oversee a team of 18 employees. Previous experiencing managing a team of similar size is required.
Licenses/Certifications: Supervisor s Card issued by MSHA
Computer and Software Skills: Computer proficiency required. SAP experience would be a plus
* Good communication and interpersonal skill coupled with good negotiation, planning, scheduling and people management ability.
* The ability to recognize production problems and the experience to solve those problems. Good knowledge of Sand and Aggregate Mining and related Raw Materials Plant Production and the ability to motivate departmental personnel to meet production goals while maintaining the integrity of the safety program.
* Understanding computer will be helpful.
* Needs to have a good working knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulic systems, water systems, pumps, motors, conveyors, and air systems.
* Must be a decision-maker that constantly incorporates common business sense into the decision-making process.
* Material handling knowledge essential.
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: