This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Food & Beverage Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
The Plant Manager has overall responsibility for leading and developing plant operations, engineering, maintenance, materials, quality and continuous improvement resources. The Plant Manager Is accountable for the delivering high quality product, on time, at the lowest possible cost based on customer and regulatory requirements. The scope encompasses engineering and maintenance of equipment. Incumbent works through subordinate managers to ensure an efficient, safe, and productive work environment for all union and non-union personnel. Motivates and develops plant team members while holding plant team members accountable for effectively meeting business objectives. Is able to create a positive environment that fosters continuous improvement of people, product, process, and equipment.
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide leadership and direction to the plant through subordinate managers.
2. Monitor performance to schedule and goals including overall quality, delivery and cost.
3. Ensure safe, clean work environment as required by HACCP, GMP, and customer standards.
4. Ensure plant and equipment are properly maintained and running efficiently.
5. Sponsor and/or lead initiatives that reduces the overall cost of producing and delivering product.
6. Analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports, and proactively identify problem areas. Communicate issues and solutions to Vice President and support solutions as required.
7. Develop resource plans based on business objectives. Resolve issues in production schedule or workforce plan.
8. Ensure consistent adherence to Company policies, collective agreement, and local government regulations (i.e. Department of Labor, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
9. Hire train and develop and performance management of plant staff and ensures appropriate skill level to grow and develop business.
10. Drive continuous improvement programs within the plant.
11. Set up metrics and KPI's, interpret and report results to all levels of the organization. Develop and communicate solutions and actions plan that ensure business goals are successfully met.
12. Develop and maintain productive relationships with the bargaining unit. Address issues and grievances in a timely manner and work to resolve root cause.
13. Participate in strategy development and negotiation of bargaining unit contract.
14. Hold weekly staff meetings and lead other meetings as required to ensure clarity of objectives and initiatives across the plant
15. All other duties as assigned.
12-15years of progressive management experience in a UNIONIZED FOOD MANUFACTURING facility. Strong leadership and motivation skills. Experience managing people and projects within a technically driven, productivity-based environment. Strong technical background in Manufacturing and Engineering, with in depth knowledge of QA, Materials and Distribution. Project a professional presence with solid communication, presentation, and writing skills. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and MRP systems.
University degree Science or Engineering from a recognized university in a related field
LEADERSHIP: Ability to see the big picture and inspire others to make things happen. Leads by example
DEVELOPING PEOPLE: Creates an environment in which people are involved, informed, supported, and are motivated to maximize their contribution to the organization.
DECISION-MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and resolve issues
COMMUNICATION: Express verbal and written information clearly, accurately, concisely, and in a form most helpful to the audience. Is able to develop and make professional presentations geared to the audience.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Establish plans for self and others to follow in order to meet functional/organizational goals.
INFLUENCE: Effectively solicits support of appropriate individuals and groups. Ability to persuade individuals at all levels.
ANALYTICAL THINKING: Understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and is able to trace the implications of a situation in a step-by-step way.
ACCOUNTABILITY/RESULTS ORIENTATION: Holds self and others accountable for attaining clear, timely and measurable results.
V. INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
External contacts include suppliers of materials, services, equipment and other resources. Inter-company liaison will take place through contact with counterparts in the various Weetabix locations. Internal contacts encompass the entire facility.
VI PHYSICAL DEMANDS/QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to walk through a multi-level, multi building 450,000 square foot facility. Must have ability to climb stairs. Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, dust and temperatures of up to 110degrees F. May require occasional lifting of 45 lbs. Regular exposure to noise levels where hearing protection is required. Significant time spent in office environment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and utilize keyboard and telephone.
Up to 10% travelrequired. Travel to visit sister plant and to general business meetings in various locations within the US and Canada