Plant Manager - Chemical Manufacturing - Hydrogen Peroxide Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 21981 - Posted 09/13/2016 - Manufacturing Management - Memphis, Tennessee, US
This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Director. All (35 Hourly & 19 Salaried) employees work directly or indirectly for the Plant Manager.
- Safety Facilitates integration of plant loss control practices with MSM elements. Ensures policies and procedures are implemented to promote the DFO safety beliefs and advance safety as a core value. Ensures that adequate initiatives are in place to deal properly with emergencies.
- Environmental Ensures that training is conducted, procedures are followed and records kept as required. Brings plant into compliance with ISO 14001 Standard and maintains it there. Leads efforts to improve systems: OPS & SAFER systems for automated emissions calcs and emerg models.
- Operations Ensures that safe operating procedures and practices are in place and followed. Ensures that mechanical integrity of all plants is maintained to allow safe and efficient operations. Ensures that plants produce at volumes to meet demand requirements set forth in S&OP plan.
- Technical Facilitates Reliability improvement process to maximize unit OAU s and minimize operating costs. Ensures that maintenance work is completed in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner. Oversees capital use to: provide ROI, increase asset value, maintain infrastructure and meet business needs.
- Human Resources Ensures that employee activities related to hiring, promotion, layoff, salary, etc. are handled professionally. Ensures that contractual obligations with the bargaining units are met. Assists with contract negotiations.
- Services Ensures integrity of quality assurance program to satisfy customer and protect ARKEMA from liability. Ensures that necessary MRO parts are available and obtained at a competitive cost. Ensures that purchasing activities are conducted in an ethical manner that maximizes value to ARKEMA.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The incumbent works directly with the Plant Staff to manage the activities and drive continuous improvement in the areas of Operations, Maintenance, Human Resources, Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, Quality, and Laboratories. The incumbent ensures available resources are properly allocated to best meet those needs of the Plant.
The incumbent must comply with all external regulatory requirements, industry best practices, and internal policies & procedures related to capital, accounting, purchasing, safety, environmental, union contracts, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and policies related to Safety, Environmental (Air, Water & Waste) and Human Resources
- Ensures new or modified permits are obtained as required for all new/modified plant conditions.
- Ensures processes are operated to achieve optimum yields, quality, and energy usages.
- Compliance with ARKEMA Inc. company policies & procedures.
- Compliance with annual budget.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This position requires a minimum of a B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering and 15 years of experience in plant operations, process design, and engineering.
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.