Plant Manager - Elk Grove Village, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Plant Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Plant Manager! Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
The Plant Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in producing and repackaging of compressed and liquid gases into cylinders, correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay, and assigning job tasks to workers according to customer needs, current stock levels and workers' expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operates and safely maintains the plant for pumping or repackaging of gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies, procedures, regulations and laws. Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Studies production schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality. Modifies working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
* Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
* Ensures all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
* Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving, work related problems. Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Ensures associate issues, grievances, etc. are effectively handled.
* Manages and leads subordinate supervisors to provide leadership. Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals. Provides coaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that poor performers are identified, documented and improved to acceptable performance, or released.
* Trains new workers and cross trains associates to continue production during personnel shortages.
* Maintains time and production records and approves overtime when essential, while keeping overtime at acceptable levels.
* Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* High School Diploma or GED.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
* A total of five (5) years of industry experience to include a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience working in a supervisory/leadership role. Prefer prior experience with compressed/packaged gases.
* Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening .
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
* Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently.
* Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
* Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
* Able to operate a fork-lift.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
* Employee may frequently be required to transverse through manufacturing and/or office locations.
* Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
* Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
* Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a fork-lift.
* Occasionally may be required to move up to 60 pounds or more with the aid of material handling equipment.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving office/production machine parts.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Minimal travel required.
* Work space is one that contains moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock.
* Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions. Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
* Work environment may contain loud noises and odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disabil