Plant Manager 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
Our customer is one of the world's leading manufacturer of automotive components. This world class firm designs, develops and manufactures a broad range of products for both the OEM and aftermarket segments. This company is offering great compensation, benefits packages and substantial future career growth
PLANT MANAGER SUMMARY: The Plant Manager would be responsible to lead employees in a high volume manufacturing facility.
PLANT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan, direct, and lead departmental activities toward functioning as a unit.
* Coordinates the plant operational activities to ensure the safety of associates, high product quality standards and production schedules are met so that the P&L is positively managed at or below budgeted cost to established specifications.
* Responsible for managing the overall Plant activities, including P&L performance.
* Able to manage key KPI metrics and characteristics to identified operational targets.
* Influence positive change and continuous improvements using Lean, TPS, and trained problem solving methodologies.
* Must have effective communication with all plant and corporate associates.
* Direct changes in methods, planning and processing required to meet or exceed forecasts and control costs of the manufacturer.
* Leads in the professional development of operational leaders.
* Develops and executes manufacturing strategy delivering on committed financial performance and customer service.
* Must have a BS/BA degree.
* Minimum of 8+ years of experience delivering results for a large manufacturing plan
* Trained or certified in Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Production System and/or other problem solving methodologies.
* Experience with TS/ISO requirements highly desired.
* A proven track record managing a manufacturing plant or sub-unit or business unit of a very large manufacturing plant or operation.
* Strong record of selecting and developing very competent professional staff, which are energetic and forward thinking.
* A track record of delivering strong continuous improvement.
* A track record of creating an effective, highly recognized and proactive organization well aligned with business strategy and needs and integrated with line operations.
* Proven record of implementing and operating within data driven or metrics driven management systems.