This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a world leading manufacturer of industrial equipment / products. For over 50 years, they have developed state of the art, innovative products marketed to OEMs globally with a diverse customer base; consumer goods, petrochemical, fabricators, transportation, mining, medical, as well as general industrial applications. This varied industry makes them resistant to economic fluctuations and is supported by a strong track record of consistent growth. This client offers a comprehensive relocation package, stable work, ability to be promoted, great culture, and a lean environment that is always striving to do better and hire the best.
This Senior Professional will be a well-rounded great communicator who is, dynamic, motivating and is a hands-on leader who has excellent production and trouble-shooting skills.
This individual needs to possess a high sense of urgency, be determined, highly organized, authoritarian but fair, have strong management skills and an ability to build effective teams and to recognize and exploit the strengths of key contributors within the organization. This individual must have the personality to "take charge" when necessary but to also delegate appropriately and effectively. This leader must possess strong project management skills and be able to effectively manage individuals at all levels of the organization.
The right candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of operational compliance and be the leader in driving safety throughout the organization.
* Ensure a safe manufacturing environment; complaint with company EHS directives
* Responsibility for Plant delivery accuracy, quality standards, local unit profitability
* Developing and implementation budgets for manufacturing locations per defined targets
* Implementation of change to organizational structure and process flows to improve lead times and improve efficiency of operation
* Ensures equipment and processes are running efficiently and safely
* Process optimization through plant staffing, layout, equipment or new production techniques
* Utilizes lean manufacturing concepts as a way to promote improvements and change within the plant
* The plant manager is responsible to lead and support direct reports and to make sure that corporate and local HR processes are followed
* Strong results orientation combined with ability to make sound, reasoned decisions
* Demonstrated track record of success in managing a safe and environmentally sound workplace
* 5+ years of experience in leading a production team or as a supervisor in a plant production with progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility.
* BSEngineering, Finance, Supply Chain
* Relevant leadership training and ability to travel as necessary
* Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment
* Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyze data and trends
* Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering
* Strong understanding of Six Sigma, 5S, lean manufacturing principals
* Highly motivated, results oriented, driven, with a sense of urgency when needed
* Able to shift priorities and manage change are essential to success
* Solid working knowledge of regulatory policies and how those policies affect the business
* Able to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
* Collaborative team player, work well with others but also autonomously with little direction