Plant Manager - Louisiana, Missouri
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Calumet Specialty Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Plant Manager is responsible for safe, efficient andenvironmentally responsible operation of all refinery process units andproduction in accordance with all company, federal, state, and localregulations. The position should provide leadership and direction to all plantpersonnel including department, unit and shift managers. The Plant Manager musthave the ability to allocate resources wisely and pro-actively to ensurecustomer satisfaction and seek continuous improvement.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Set the cultural tone and continually improve personal and process safety awareness and results.
* Establish Supervisor and Management systems to assure continual improvements in quality, reliability, and efficiency.
* Interface with sales, corporate, suppliers, and the union.
* Ensure plant meets or exceeds fiscal goals within approved budgets.
* Negotiate union contracts and supply contracts with utilities.
* Manage projects for installation of new equipment and equipment upgrades.
* Manage all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor'sDegree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
* Minimum of 8 years of experience with refineries; specialty oils and petroleum preferred and 4 years of managerial / supervisor experience in a plant environment
* Expertise in risk assessment and risk management
* Negotiation/Mediation skills to resolve issuesinternally and externally.
* Flexibility to perform multiple taskssimultaneously and follow each to completion.
* Strong communication skills, both oral andwritten, with the capability of positively interfacing with customers.
* Strongleadership skills, including the ability to influence key contributors andbuild a strong team