Plant Manager 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HRD IS SEEKING A BUSINESS MANAGER FOR A GROWING CLIENT IN MADISON, TN.
The primary purpose of the Business Manager position is to direct Nashville operations, including plant operations, service, and administration. The Business Manager must consistently model the company's culture, safe work practices, and enthusiasm for our company and industry.
* Maintain the fiscal management of the costs and expenses in the operation of the plant.
* Ability to forecast expenses, plan and execute budgets.
* Act as a direct liaison with on-site client; producing, reporting, feedback and customer relations for the operation.
* Forecast capital expenditure and manages installation and operation of new equipment.
* Ensure safe and timely production through direct supervision of plant manager and plant supervisors.
* Manage plant-engineering functions to ensure maximization of capital equipment utilization.
* Direct all service functions through the plant manager and transportation coordinator and maintain a personal presence with largest customers.
* Make sound staffing decisions including hiring, disciplining, recognition, and terminations that are in concert with the company's culture.
* Determine workloads and ensure that the management staff is adequately trained on the company's processes, policies, and procedures.
* Ensure that work conditions are safe and that machinery is in optimum conditions for worker safety and work efficiency purposes. Proactively promote safe working conditions.
* Role model a collaborative work style and encourage candid exchanges between the management staff and the managers and employees.
* Manage production output through department supervisors by consistently measuring and assessing production results.
* Manage P&L effectively and provide reporting in a timely manner.
* Make appropriate recommendations for capital equipment and vehicle upgrades or replacements as necessary.
* Understand, observe and adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
* Assist and perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field.
* 5-10+ years of operations/management experiencerequired, previous experience as a Business Managerpreferred.
* Ability to manage organization in a changing environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Bilingual in Spanish is highly valued.