Plant Manager / Production Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Metals & Mining Company
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY INFORMATION: Our client is one of the world's leading vinyl and aluminum siding and coil producers. They are a billion dollar corporation looking to hire top talent! They are in need of a plant manager/ production manager/supervisor.
The Production Manager will be responsible for the Production and Maintenance departments of the company's facility. They will play a key leadership role in developing, implementing, and maintaining operational efficiency, directing plant operations, motivating staff, and facilitating communication at all levels of the organization regarding plant operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and implement new strategies for creating and improving processes and procedures to improve overall performance.
* Manage day-to-day manufacturing operations.
* Monitor departmental goals to ensure that progress is being attained and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
* Coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
* Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for the facility.
* Responsible for ensuring appropriate staff levels meet requirements of the season and for all recruitment, termination, and performance management.
* Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethnic for dealing with employees, suppliers, and customers.
* Enhance and develop policies, procedures, and service systems to meet the goals of the company.
* Analyze and report on the plant's daily, monthly, and annual key performance indicators.
* Handle customer enquiries and complaints, which are escalated from the various departments.
* Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
* Actively involved in all related projects.
* Ensure flawless execution of product manufacturing, including lean manufacturing, quality, Health & Safety, and inventory management goals.
* Develop day-to-day operating relationships as the primary senior customer contact for the operation.
* Build, direct, train, and motivate an effective team capable of achieving the established performance and financial standards that support the Company's goals.
* Plan and direct the business activities of the operation to achieve specific performance and financial targets.
* Implement best practices in all areas and champion cost and performance improvement programs.
* Manage the supply chain including the procurement of raw materials, outside processing, and outsourcing.
* Champion, develop, improve, and implement lean manufacturing techniques.
* Have full responsibility for purchasing, quality, production, and maintenance.
* Main all quality standards, requirements, and approvals.
* Develop staffing, equipment and facility resource plans to support growth.
* Support sales and customer service functions.
* Assist in the development of operational budgets.
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
* UNDISPUTED INTEGRITY - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company he/she serves.
* WORK ETHIC - Willing to invest an enormous amount of their time and energy into building this company and being an integral part of the future success of the company.
* SOUND JUDGMENT - A levelheaded and mature leader, respected for providing sound business judgment to difficult situations.
* INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - Will forge relationships easily with internal and external constituents. He/she will exude charisma and be likable.
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Excellent writing skills, also comfortable in making informal and formal presentations to large and small audiences.
* ENERGY / DRIVE / ENTHUSIASM - Projects this in his/her daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* 10years of plant management and operations experience in a manufacturing and union experience.
* Knowledge of basic machine maintenance and mechanics would be an asset.
* Proven track record of implementing lean manufacturing projects and programs would be an asset.
* Demonstrated leadership, initiative, and autonomy.
* Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to lead and inspire people.
* Ability to interact with customers and suppliers at all levels to discuss requirements, resolve conflicts, and set priorities.
* Ability to schedule and prioritize work for self and others.
* A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
* Superior motivator with the ability to encourage others to maximize potential and achieve challenging organization goals.
* Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with few layers of management.
* Proven analytical and organization skills.
* Very strong computer skills and experience with an ERP system.
* Practical expe4rience in the application of ERP systems to manufacturing.
* Strong MS Office and MRP skills.
* Bilingual English and French (reading, writing, and speaking) Preferred.
10+ years Aluminum Coil Coding Experience
10+ years operations/ plant management experience