Plant Manager 8/23/2016
G & D Integrated
Round Lake, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director of Contract Logistics, the next BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER here at G 2nd Shift | 1500 - 2330_
_Travel Expectations: Less than 20% travel (mostly local day trips)_
* _BUSINESS_ _OPERATIONS_ _MANAGEMENT_ : Oversee all operations and manage the processes and policies of your facility. Actively participate in the planning and implementation of business practices at budgeted levels.
* Schedule and conduct Shift Hand Off (SHO) meetings to communicate daily operations objectives and challenges
* Work with the customer and make adjustments as needed to production schedule and prioritization of movement to ensure satisfaction
* Manage the utilization of personnel through planning and implementation of the workforce, seeking opportunities to engage, develop and improve skills regularly
* _CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT_ : Partner with clients to ensure operational metrics and goals are met or exceeded. Communicate and interact on a daily basis with customer at all levels of their organization - ensuring prompt elimination / escalation of complex customer issues / requests / opportunities for improvement / opportunities for growth of service to your manager.
* _PERSONNEL_ _MANAGEMENT_ : Attract, hire, train, retain and develop staff that reflect the mission and vision of G&D Integrated. Drive performance through evaluation and accountability measures. Complete administrative tasks related to managing people: performance review, conflict resolution, reporting and investigations, disciplinary actions, etc. with assistance from a remote Human Resources Generalist. Foster a collaborative, engaged and determined workplace by ensuring proper recognition and employee relations standards are upheld.
* _SAFETY_ _MANAGEMENT_ : Create a workplace that is focused on safety. Encourage, monitor and maintain a safe work environment by rapidly responding to, documenting, and alleviating unsafe working conditions and issues / reports that are escalated from the workforce.
* _FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT_ : Monitor and analyze financial data to create awareness of trends and patterns. Actively manage P&L. Ensure budgeted levels of volume and profitability are met while developing and implementing strategies and processes to operate at the most efficient levels possible. Ensure compliance to the standards set for your facility's Contribution Margin.
* _COST CONTROL MANAGEMENT_ : Operate within budget, using resources at hand. Monitor and reduce when possible - controllable costs, escalated costs, revenue reduction and other issues that may negatively impact the Contribution Margin and/or P all while maintaining compliance to and operating within the budget and SLA scope. You will be able to meet the challenges presented by demanding customers with confidence and resourcefulness to ensure that satisfactory service and results are delivered every single time. You will possess an internal motivation to succeed - coupled with your high energy and high sense of urgency in order to create solutions to problems and create a pathway to success in this role. You are a natural leader, and a natural teacher at heart. You will take pride in mentoring, coaching and developing the skills and abilities of your workforce often and keeping an open, transparent and engaged workplace. You will have a sharp eye for safety and quality and will champion a safety-focused culture within your facility. Finally, you are never satisfied with the status quo and you will constantly be looking for the next roadblock or improvement that can benefit your facility, your people and the processes in which they follow.
* _YOU MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE THROUGHOUT MIDWEST & SOUTHEAST REGIONS_
* Seven (7) years of SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS & MATERIAL FLOW experience
* Five (5) years of WAREHOUSE SUPERVISION able to proactively seek opportunities for improvement and respond quickly to changing needs on a regular basis
* Excellent communications skillset; able to present ideas clearly and accurately, comfortable presenting to all levels of an organization
* Excellent organizational skillset; able to manage time and prioritize issues with ease, recall information and materials quickly, maintain records effectively
* High working proficiencies with various office computer use; MS Office, excel, database management, email, Inventory Management System, Warehouse Management System, etc.
PREFERRED CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION
* Experience working in a Third Party Logistics facility, servicing customers for Agricultural, Heavy Machinery and Automotive Industries
* Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a role with Client Relationship or Account Management responsibilities
* Experience in a World Class environment working with Fortune 500 customers
* Experience in a value-added supply chain (kitting, sub-assembly, repacking, etc.)
* Experience in a high-volume warehouse, managing a large number of SKUs at various stages of WIP and finished goods
* Master's Degree in a field related to manufacturing management
* PMP, APICS, Lean, Six Sigma, 5S, DMAIC or other certifications