Plant Manager 8/16/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PLANT MANAGER - TIJUANA MAQUILADORA
Our client is a growing producer of quality custom precision metal and plastic components located in Tijuana, Mexico. Our client has an unwavering commitment to quality, are constantly innovating, and are always exceeding customer expectations.
The company is offering a generous compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, performance bonuses and corresponding benefits for this position. Reporting directly to the President of the company, the Plant Manager will be responsible for all manufacturing, maintenance, and related support functions.
Full details for the position, including responsibilities and requirements, are as follows:
GENERAL _"THEME"_ OF THIS POSITION
The position is responsible for ALL aspects of manufacturing plant management, including:
* Plant production throughput
* Plant output quality
* Plant productivity
* Plant efficiencies
* Plant regulatory compliance
* Plant facility & equipment maintenance
* Plant planning, scheduling and throughput control
* Plant shipping & receiving
* Plant environmental, health & safety
* Plant people management & development
* Plant capital management (partial responsibility)
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
These requirements are mandatory for entry into this function:
* Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
* Should have an undergraduatedegree, or equivalent in:
* Production Operations
* Manufacturing Engineering
* Industrial Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Process Engineering
* Supply Chain Management
* 5years' experience within a high-volume / high-mix batch fabrication oriented manufacturing environment.
* 5years' plant management and/or supervision experience in a high-volume / high-mix environment with emphasis on all elements of metal fabrication and coating. Should understand welding (both stick and wire), metal fabrication and powder coating processes. Also, should understand basic precision machining, including conventional and CNC machining.
* 2years' experience working in an integrated planning and scheduling a high-volume / moderate-mix production environment.
* 3years' plant and equipment maintenance experience.
* 2years' experience working in a metal fabrication environment, working as an operator.
* Solid knowledge and understanding of plant safety and environmental requirements.
* Solid knowledge of vendor managed inventory processes and modern quality management tools.
* Solid plant-level cost accounting management knowledge, including cost & variance analysis.
* Ability to assess the big picture of plant operations but also understand how to drill down into details when necessary.
This function is RESPONSIBLE for executing many tasks, either by an individual or in a team environment. These responsibilities include:
* Responsible for the care & feeding of a number of plant supervisors & technical support staff.
* Responsible for the execution of the monthly plant cost variance review meeting.
* Collaborates on the development of the annual plant production plan.
* Collaborates on the development of the annual plant capital expenditure plan & budget.
* Collaborates on the development of the annual plant operating plan & financial budget.
* Responsible for maintaining the plant and equipment to be within the company's expectations.
* Responsible for developing a LEAN culture at the facility.
* Responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Tijuana facility.
* Responsible to build a sustainable organization that constantly focuses on how to improve plant operating margins.
* Responsible for updating current SOPs in a clear and concise manner.
* Responsible for the safety record within the plant.
* Responsible for plant environmental compliance.
* Responsible for leading the Tijuana plant operations in awareness and compliance of all Mexican Federal, State, & Local laws and regulations.
* Responsible to build a culture of high expectations around product quality & customer service reliability.
* Responsible to motivate & mobilize people at all levels to do what is in the best interest of the company.
* Responsible to instill a sense of urgency primarily Mexico - US laws and regulations.
* ISO 9001:2008 certification.
* LEAN tools and methodologies.