Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Tulare, CA
* The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
* This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
The Plant Manager will coordinate and direct all of the major plant functions, maintain good employee relations and meet all ZBB budgetary objects. Responsible for the execution of all manufacturing operations including Product, Planning, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Maintenance, Purchasing, Safety, Shipping, Receiving and Materials Controls, all in conformance with Kraft Heinz policies and all applicable regulatory and legal requirements. Responsible for coordination and communication of the operations forecast, including the identification of key financial operating risks and potential offsets. Support all strategic efforts to generate new sales and maintain the existing customer base.
* Guides department managers in the development of labor usage strategies to better the utilize resources, reacting to changes in production demands and deadlines.
* Communicates to management and plant personnel Company changes in Kraft Heinz policies, procedures, and strategies.
* Oversees the development and implementation of companywide policies and procedures
* Ensures personnel adherence to Kraft Heinz policies, safety standards, and good manufacturing practices.
* Actively supports all continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant.
* Actively monitors and supports all safety projects and efforts throughout the plant
* Consults with corporate offices and plant management team to develop annual operating budget & ZBB
* Guides management team to ensure plant operates efficiently while meeting or exceeding corporate financial goals.
* Reviews detailed labor standards by cost center to support annual budgeting process.
* Actively works with the Human Resources Department in policy development, employee grievances, employee development issues, and employee motivation.
* Work with Engineering and Maintenance departments to develop strategies to reduce production equipment downtime due to equipment failures.
* Actively works with Continuous Improvement Coordinator, Engineering Manager, and Maintenance Manager on equipment process flows, optimization of plant layouts, coordination of shutdowns, and startups due to new production lines and equipment installations.
* Oversees Cost Accounting on new products costing, developing standards, analysis of variances, and annual budget process.
* Collaborates with department managers to identify and then recommends process improvements to reduce labor, ingredient, and packaging materials cost.
* Analyzes plant daily/weekly/monthly spending to keep indirect and fixed cost within standards in order to
* meet/exceed corporate financial goals
* Supports the R&D team in developing of new products processes, supports production runs, costing of labor, and scrap standards for new products.
* With department managers analyzes downtime data to develop downtime reduction strategies.
* Analyzes manufacturing variances of ingredient, materials, and labor usage and works with management team to implement strategies to reduce them.
* Oversees the preparation of operational schedules and manufacturing activities to ensure that production and quality of products meet specifications.
* Identifies and implement continuous improvement initiatives such is labor reduction, waste reduction, and reduction of indirect cost to contribute to factory objectives.
* Bachelor s Degree is required, preferably in Management or Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience is required, preferably within a manufacturing environment
* Must demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with and influence large groups of employees
* Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience in a Safety oriented environment is required
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.