Plant Manager 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client a global manufacturer of building products is searching an experienced plant manager for their Willows, CA operations. Position will be directly responsible for leading and managing all plant operations. A key focus for this individual will be in driving safety, asset care and reliability, net cost productivity and continually developing the plant staff for future leadership roles within the organization. This position reports to the Director of Operations, Insulation Systems Division.
The manufacturing environment is a continuous process manufacturing.
This position does offer a relocation package to candidates who meet our relocation guidelines.
* Embraces and drives companies emphasis on safety and environmental practices to either meet or exceed company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
* Lead, manage and develop plant employees to assure the necessary capabilities and culture to maintain an effective operation. This includes establishing direction, gaining commitment, delegating, and building organizational capabilities
* Coordinate the activities of the facility and resources accordingly
* Create a work environment that ensures the safety and health of employees, community and environment
* Focus on continuing to improve the competitiveness of the operations.
* Develop and coach a staff that is committed to the company's value structure and achievement of business goals
* Model the way with expectations related to the company's values of people, performance, passion and protection; as well as the company's pillars of Integrity, Environmental Commitment, Employee Commitment, Operational Excellence, Financial Strength and Customer Satisfaction
* Recognize customer commitment and drive activity for continued quality improvement
* In conjunction with senior group management, establish and manage activities to meet short and long term plant goals
* Improve efficiency and capacity through capital expenditure improvements in process and procedure, and as well as formal and informal continuous improvement activities
* Must have experience in a continuous process manufacturing environment
* BS/BA degree, engineering or related field a plus (Technical degree with MBA preferred)
* 7+ years of positions with increasing levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment
* Must have at least 5+ years of plant management experience leading a site of a minimum of 250 employees
* Must have experience working in a continuous operations environment
* Experience leading a plant turnaround
* Direct experience with production, engineering, warehouse, maintenance and quality functions in a plant environment
* Proven collaborative and participative management skills are essential including experience in building strong teams in a unionized environment.
* Experience and success with a process improvements including utilizing continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma, Keppner-Tregoe, Lean or equivalent
* Demonstrated leadership in managing employee safety and environmental compliance
* Success in managing asset care and reliability
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and set direction
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION GIVEN TO THOSE WITH:
* Experience with risk management
* Experience in supply chain management
* Glass based manufacturing experience