Plant Manufacturing Maintenance Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
Industrial Business Unit
As industries race to build increasingly intelligent systems, TE Industrial delivers extraordinary customer experiences to solve today s greatest connectivity challenges. Leveraging cross-industry innovation and proven engineering expertise, we re pushing the boundaries of efficiency and productivity-connecting power, data and signal to enable more automated processes, intelligent building, smarter transportation and cleaner energy.
The Industrial Solutions Division of TE Connectivity is currently seeking a talented Leader to manage daily activities of the maintenance function. This individual will be responsible for ensuring repairs of equipment are performed in a safe, effective and efficient manner while supporting a continuous plant operation through preventive maintenance. In addition to these duties this role will drive sustaining engieering initiatives for the site.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Primary responsibilities include:
* Responsible for supporting the Maintenance team and providing the necessary direction to maximize the efficient operation of building systems.
* Responsible for scheduling daily workloads and insuring work is completed on time, following TE s Safety protocols and at acceptable workmanship standards.
* Promote integrated work between mechanical and electrical team members.
* Minimize equipment breakdowns, by measuring and documenting equipment trends through mean time between failures.
* Work with plant controller, to adjust or establish spare parts inventory quantities for critical spare parts and equipment.
* Assess and provide opportunities for training and development of maintenance crew members; ensure crew is in compliance with mandated regulatory training.
* Routinely make decisions to determine resource requirements, assist with establishing department projects and schedules, and resolve production problems in order to meet customer design, quality, delivery, and cost expectations.
* Facilitate capital equipment justification, specification, and procurement.
* Responsible for sustaining engineering related to simple product extension and improving process capability in addition to tracking projects for the manufacturing engineering team.
* Supervise cost reduction activities, systemic improvement activities, and establishment of quality & safety controls and improvements.
* Work with management teams to define, develop, and improve functional systems, procedures, and general policies.
* Technical liaison for product transfers, including coordination of Engineering and technical activities in conjunction with the center of excellence (COE).
* Proficiency with blueprints, factory manuals, written specifications, sketches and oral instruction.
* Responds to emergency/after hour calls. This includes the notification of local plant contacts for the arranging of repairs necessary to alleviate factory down-time as much as possible.
Minimum qualifications include:
* BS in Engineering, Electrical, Automation or related field.
* Supervision/management experience preferred.
* Solid technical background, equipment maintenance experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to communicate across all levels of the organization and ability to interact effectively in a multi-shift environment.
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
* Excellent knowledge of operations/manufacturing systems, including quality methods and MRPII concepts.
* Experience in custom machining of tool and alloy steels desired.
* Experience with Microsoft office suite, TEBIT and TLM systems.
* Totally support lean production systems. Experience in lean manufacturing preferred.