Plant Mgr II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
GREIF (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a 138 year old world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre, flexible and corrugated containers, packaging accessories and container board, and provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries. We also manage acreage in the United States. With more than 16,000 employees in 200 operating locations in more than 50 countries, GREIF is positioned to serve global as well as regional customers. If you're looking for a rock-solid global manufacturing company committed to continuous improvement, and one that knows the power of lean, look to GREIF. You'll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. Our culture, founded on the GREIF Way, promotes recognition and rewards collaboration, hard work and commitment. We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people. We want people with a passion for working in partnership with customers. We want people with potential who can take GREIF to the next level in packaging excellence.
The Plant Manager oversees and directs all operational and human resources activity of a plant manufacturing facility with more than 13 million in sales. Responsibility for all profits and losses in accordance with company policies and objectives.
* Directs and motivates plant production, maintenance and staff persoel in the attainment of business and facility objectives.
* Insures and maintains a safe, compliant, and efficient production facility.
* Coordinates, guides, and plans daily plant production, maintenance, and administrative activities.
* Reviews and analyzes daily productivity, waste and quality reports.
* Reviews and analyzes financial, statistical and trend analysis reports.
* Reviews and analyzes safety statistical and trend reports and safety incident reports.
* Develops corrective actions and process improvement initiatives.
* Controls expenditures and reviews operational budget.
* Participates in the establishment of strategic business and project goals.
* Facilitates and coordinates activities with other departments and functions.
* Interfaces with outside vendors, contractors and customers in support of plant objectives.
* Responsible for providing a safe and healthful workplace; controlling recognized hazards, enforcing safety policies and procedures, coaching safe behavior, and maintaining compliance with all regulations.
* Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
* Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, insures positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
* Masters Degree preferred
* 5 to 7 years direct experience in production control and management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Substantial experience in supervisory and management skills. High degree of organizational skills.
* Understanding of OSHA, labor and other federal regulations.
* Understanding of basic engineering principles.
* Exceptional abilities in prioritizing, delegating, and goal setting.
* Fundamental understanding of computer operations and software.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran