Plant Nurse (JMP433)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Consumer Products Manufacturer
JOB DESCRIPTIONPLANT NURSE - FULL TIME / PERMANENT HIRE
This is a great opportunity to explore a health care career outside the traditional hospital / Dr office. Our work environment is a slower pace with less pressure than traditional healthcare jobs. As our Plant Nurse you will provide medical care, deliver safety and health training and coordinate wellness activities for our employees in our IL manufacturing facility. This position will work M-F during the day and there will be occasions where you will be required to be flexible to train and consult with employees on the other shifts. This may require that your day starts and ends earlier or later, depending on the situation.
* Must already have your LPN or RN.
* Must be completely fluent in speaking/writing in ENGLISH/SPANISH.
* Must become a certified trainer for CPR/First Aid/AED within six months of employment.
* You should be able to conduct safety and health training to small groups of our employees.
* You should be computer literate and have experience with record keeping requirements.
* Provide first aid and follow-up care to employees with physical complaints and assess the need for internal treatment, or whether an employee needs outside medical attention for work-related and personal medical conditions.
* Coordinate wellness activities such as flu shots, tetanus shots, wellness education, wellness fairs, wellness coaching, education on generic vs. brand name drugs and education on network vs. non-network doctors or hospitals.
* Ensure compliance with company Hearing Conservation Program, including hearing test follow-up with Audiologist or M.D.
* Counsel employees on health and personal health problems.
* Conduct drug and alcohol screening for new hires and for active employees.
* Maintain all OSHA recordkeeping.
* Maintain biohazardous spill kits in the facility and manage biohazardous disposal.
* Actively serve on our Ergonomics Team.
* Facilitate EHS policies and procedures to management and hourly employees through training. Training topics include Material Handling Equipment, Lockout/Tagout, Emergency Action Plan, Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, and more.
We will contact you shortly via email/phone if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position. Thank you for applying!!