Plant Operations Manager 8/19/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Operations Manager is responsible for all Operating Departments within the plant. This position is a leadership role, and as such is expected to inspire employees to greater levels of professionalism, quality, productivity and engagement in the DFA Team. The Operations Manager works closely with Plant Management, Plant Employees, and serves as a liaison with the DFA enterprise wide functional departments such as Quality Assurance and Compliance, Human Resources, Accounting, Engineering, Purchasing, Research and Development, and Risk Management. Specifically, the Operations Manager is responsible for the performance of the Processing Department, Filling Department, Packaging Department, and Retort Department for operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Continuously drive the facility's culture toward a higher level of safety. Challenge status quo safety behaviors, engage in Safety initiatives and ensure safety related training is attended by all employees.
* Identify and retain highly effective personnel through proper selection, training and task assignment of personnel.
* Identify and implement developmental plans and training for supervisors and support staff reporting directly and indirectly.
* Establish and manage the department's budget to ensure financial goals are met or exceeded.
* Ensure the department's activities remain in or exceed the standards and specifications established by Quality Assurance.
* Engage and interact with all personnel on a regular basis assisting them with their concerns and questions.
* Drive key performance indicators to all levels within the organization and participate in making recommendations for necessary changes to enhance the business objectives.
* Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities in department, operations, and other areas of the facility as part of the team to ensure plant sustainability.
* Manage employee's performance through establishing expectations, holding people accountable and developing the understanding of the sense of urgency in addressing Operational needs.
* Partner with other departments regarding the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or process, the injection of new products or product lines, and the development of new plan and designs.
* Ensure good business communication practices are engaged at all levels to ensure key stakeholders are well informed, have the ability to appropriately respond.
* Ensure all process changes, equipment changes or product changes are understood by all employees in a timely fashion.
* Ensure a decisive understanding of budgeting, uptime, problem solving techniques, motivational techniques, long range planning, and Employee & Labor Relations are understood and implemented during the course of business.
* Coordinate with Engineering to review and approve plans for new equipment installation and layout to ensure operational efficiency
* Other duties may be assigned as required that are within the FLSA status of this position.