Plant Operator B
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Operates plant facilities' various equipment/systems, including but not limited to: Cryogenic plant processing, hydrocarbon fractionation units, process controls and measurement, engines and compressors, pumps, pressure relief system, instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, treating, emergency shutdown systems, reciprocating compressors, gas fired heaters, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and NGL storage and transfer facilities.
- Also operates radio, performs lab tests for quality assurance, diagnoses mechanical problems, makes minor repairs as needed, assists other crafts personnel and other tasks as assigned.
- Seeks to optimize processing though facility and maintain proper product specifications, responds to alarms and problems within the plant and make the appropriate corrections.
- Will also perform lockout/tagout procedures and may monitor field compressor status through the use of SCADA.
- Responsibilities also include SPCC reporting, prevention and reporting of any spills and monitoring
- environmental compliance.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass all PSM-required operator certifications.
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- Ability to assume & perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Work well with others and also be able to perform work independently.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Have knowledge of safety rules and practices and a very good safety record.
- Have proven mechanical aptitude.
- Have a history of being dependable & reliable.
- Good organizational skills, good customer relations skills, and a record of very positive work performance.
- Proven knowledge of plant safety and operation
- Read and understand repair manuals, procedures and standards
- Understanding the business side of plant performance and budgets in all departments
- At least two years of previous operations experience in a gas processing facility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have moderate to advanced computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Experience working with pressure vessels and equipment
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's license with acceptable driving record and a reliable means of transportation
- Possess reliable means of contact for call-out purposes
- Shift work will require working days, nights, holidays in all weather conditions and overtime
- Physical capabilities of: standing, walking, bending, stretching, reaching over shoulder height, frequent lifting heavy equipment
- Dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications