Plant Operator (Nahunta, GA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This role will sit in Nahunta, GA.
Seven Islands Environmental Solutions LLC, part of Cox Enterprises, is actively seeking candidates for its Golden Isles Conservation Center in Nahunta, GA. Golden Isles Conservation Center recycles tires and other products in an environmentally friendly way.
The Plant Operator position is responsible for all operations and maintenance of a pyrolysis operations.
Plant Operator Key Responsibilities:
* Initiate plant start up sequence
* Inventory management
* Monitor and troubleshot pyrolysis and operating equipment
* Ability to observe gages and dials or other indicators to ensure machines are working properly
* Handling and storing materials and finished products
* Scheduling of materials and pick up
* Perform emission testing and product quality testing
* Tracking materials in inventory software
* Utilize complex graphical user interface
* Able to control diagnose SCADA
* Operate forklift and loader
* Ensure the plant adheres to safety and environmental rules
* Develop and implement plant process improvement
* Interface with clients and customers
* Manage overall operations in the GM absence
* Perform equipment calibration at the beginning of each shift
* Replenish inventory as needed
* Schedule and track routine maintenance
* Operate Forklift, Man Lift, Scissor Lift, or other similar equipment
* Order parts, check paperwork on receipt of parts
* Attend safety meetings, conduct safety audits
* Safely perform all other duties as required by supervisor on an as needed basis
* Works with various equipment software programs to troubleshoot and load configuration or program data
* High School Diploma or a GED equivalent. Post-secondary education preferred
* HAZMAT Team experience
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Must be comfortable in a high heat environment
* PLC Programing required
* Must have 20/20 or corrected 20/20 vision
* Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, depth, texture, and visual cues or signals.
* Must be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty
* Must have full range of motion and able to work in awkward positions
* Must be able to work at heights in excess of 40 feet without concern
* Must be able to interact with all levels of plant personnel in a positive and productive way
* Previous experience operating high pressure/high temperature reactions and distillations
This position is subject to random drug screening.
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $20 billion and more than 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Inc. (cable television distribution, telephone, high-speed Internet access, wireless services, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Manheim, Inc. (vehicle auctions, repair and certification services and web-based technology products); Cox Media Group, Inc. (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers, advertising sales rep firms, Valpak and Cox Digital Solutions); and AutoTrader.com (online automotive advertising and Kelley Blue Book, vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions subsidiaries). Additionally, Cox operates Kudzu.com. More information about Cox can be found online at www.coxenterprises.com. Cox Enterprises and its affiliated companies participate in the E-Verify program of the United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information on the E-Verify program, please see the posters accessible through the links at: www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries do not contact candidates for employment by text message. We do not conduct online interviews via chat sessions and/or instant messenger applications. Cox utilizes a formal application process through the HR department and company websites. Communications are made through official company channels including email, letterhead, phone, and fax. The company does not require employees to purchase equipment or software as terms of employment. Interested candidates should submit their resume though Cox Career Network. Cox Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location:US-GA-Nahunta-125 Industrial Park Blvd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time