Plant Operator X
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Our plant operators are like air traffic controllers. They monitor the flows, pressures and specifications of our natural gas processing plants. Our operators remotely and manually quarterback the safe and reliable performance of our operations, overseeing daily plant goals of 60 mmcf/d up to 750 mmcf/d
Oversee the overall operation of the plant. Control room operating and pin pointing concerns to improve plant functions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
* Operates plant facilities various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: cryogenic plant processing, hydrocarbon fractionation units, process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and NGL storage and transfer facilities
* Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
* Responds to alarms and problems within the plant and makes appropriate corrections
* Spill Prevention Countermeasures and Control (SPCC) reporting and monitoring environmental compliance
* Perform lock out/tag out procedures and may monitor field compressor status through the use of SCADA
* High school degree or GED
* Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
* 2 years previous operations experience in a gas processing facility
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status
Gulf Plains (1191)
7226 County Rd 16