Plant Product Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
PLANT PRODUCT ENGINEER
Act as a technical lead and liaison between vehicle engineering and repair personnel to provide the expertise to help resolve engineering, product, and production issues during all phases of production.
* Perform vehicle electrical configuration and integrity testing process design and verification duties.
* Interact with various types of electrical testing equipment to determine functionality and report back any changes to hardware or software
* Develop materials pertaining to product technology, assembly and certification processes
* Monitor facility work quality and throughput metrics as a means of identifying support and training needs and issues.
* Work as part of a cross functional team consisting of engineering and manufacturing personnel
* Ensure that all adjustments and / or repairs activities are performed to manufacturer standards.
* Ensure that all activities are performed in such a way as to ensure the safety of personnel and vehicles.
* Act as the final inspector for all completed to insure that the vehicle functions properly and all repairs are performed in accordance with the manufacturer s standards and repair processes.
* In the event that the actions required to bring a vehicle up to standards exceed facility capability, consult with management to determine the proper disposition / actions required.
* Fulfill the role of a technical lead providing the client with expertise to help resolve engineering and product quality issues.
* The Plant Product Engineer will be required to follow a structured feedback / continuous improvement process that govern:
* Launch/ Floor support (support issue identification, resolution, and root cause analysis of quality and throughput issues)
* Fast response programs
* Feedback & continuous improvement of services
Qualified candidates will possess current knowledge and experience in automotive vehicle electrical system configuration; operation, testing and diagnostics in a manufacturing plant or dealership repair setting. The candidate would be knowledgeable in and possess current experience with the following areas of the automotive diagnostic procedures testing processes:
* Powertrain/Chassis/Body Wiring and Electronic Module/Device
* Vehicle Emissions Systems
* Electrical System Configuration and Testing
* Supplemental Restraints
* A solid understanding and working knowledge of current vehicle electrical and communications systems is mandatory.
* Electrical Engineering or related Engineering degree from an accredited university or work experience as a product or quality engineer
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Experience with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project)
* Highly motivated, self-directed and the ability to manage multiple projects
* A good working knowledge of vehicle systems operation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Current Chrysler experience preferred
Education: Bachelor s Degree or Equivalent
Experience: 5 Years
Preferred Qualifications: The Plant Product Engineer Candidate must have expertise in the following processes/ technologies:
* Auto Elec. Systems Vehicle Electronics
* Powernet Communication Systems Powertrain (Gas)
* Restraint Systems and Braking Systems
* Chassis and Suspension Climate Control Systems
* Vehicle Systems Diagnostics Root Cause Analysis Error-mistake proofing
* WCM TOOLS AMPS
* Station Work Instructions PFMEA
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements of the job include walking and standing for extended periods, bending, squatting, twisting and moving equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
Required Travel: Less than 10%
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.