Plant Quality Manager (Closures Division) (2016261)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Founded in 1899, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and display and packaging supply chain services. With annualized net sales of approximately $5.0 billion, the Company has 20,000 employees working in more than 300 facilities in 35 countries, serving many of the world s best known brands in some 85 nations. For more information on the Company, visit our website at www.sonoco.com.
Sonoco is looking for a Plant Quality Manager in their closures division. The Plant Quality Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the plant in the area of maintaining and improving the quality systems as prescribed by the plant s Division or by the corporate standards. Duties include management of change control, data collection schemes, test methods & equipment, standard instructions, audits, manuals, and other routine quality systems areas. In addition Plant Quality Managers must serve as the point of contact with customers when product or service quality exceptions occur.
* Provide hands-on management of the elements of the QMS (Quality Management System.) These include corrective actions, supplier quality management, customer complaints, change control, audit processes, standard procedures, test methods, and process controls.
* Ensure Business Unit systems are tied into corporate standards via reviews and audits
* Generate scorecards and reports for all aspects of plant quality, not limited to and including NPS, CARs, SCARs, COAs, SPC reporting, and Change Control processes.
* Act as the lead plant representative for any meetings or interactions with customers as it relates to product or service quality
* Participate on teams and lead efforts toward continuous improvement initiatives within the Plant
* 1+ years work experience in a corporate or plant setting (engineering or leadership role)
* 4 year degree
* Analytical skills and statistical analysis proficiency
* Experience as a leader of project teams
* Good verbal & written communication skills
* Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project & MS Share Point
* Quality Management Systems experience with ISO9001 a plus
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States