- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Plant Quality Manager (2016272)
Sonoco is a $4.9 billion global manufacturer of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and provider of packaging services for many of the world's best-known brands. Sonoco employs approximately 20,000 individuals, and has 335 operations worldwide. Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, we value our people and are committed to giving them every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
Sonoco is looking for a Plant Quality Manager in their protective packaging division. The Plant Quality Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the plant in the area of maintaining and improving the quality systems as prescribed by the plant s Division or by the corporate standards. Duties include management of change control, data collection schemes, test methods & equipment, standard instructions, audits, manuals, and other routine quality systems areas. In addition Plant Quality Managers must serve as the point of contact with customers when product or service quality exceptions occur.
* Provide hands-on management of the elements of the QMS (Quality Management System.) These include corrective actions, supplier quality management, customer complaints, change control, audit processes, standard procedures, test methods, and process controls.
* Ensure Business Unit systems are tied into corporate standards via reviews and audits
* Generate scorecards and reports for all aspects of plant quality, not limited to and including NPS, CARs, SCARs, COAs, SPC reporting, and Change Control processes.
* Act as the lead plant representative for any meetings or interactions with customers as it relates to product or service quality
* Participate on teams and lead efforts toward continuous improvement initiatives within the Plant
* 2+ years work experience in a corporate or plant setting (plant operations experience)
* 4 year degree
* Analytical skills and statistical analysis proficiency (SPC)
* Experience as a leader of project teams
* Good verbal & written communication skills
* Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project & MS Share Point
* Quality Management Systems experience with ISO9001/TS16949
Portland, Indiana, United States